= my favorite girl =

Niki is always said to be the girls expert as he is sandwiched in between two sisters. They're amazing people, his sisters, I mean and by that, Lily is comfortable whenever she's around Niki. He feels like a safe haven for her and a cute little brother, obviously. But sometimes, his physique made her sometimes feel small and weak when she's the one who's supposed to protect him, considering she's older.

However, the younger guy never seem to mind whenever she used him to protect herself from unknown people who tried to approach her. Because it's obvious that her safety is important to him. Especially when she's a girl. Not saying that she can't protect herself but it's always nice to have someone who can take care of you.

——

The group had went to Japan for their tour and since they have some free time, they decided to discover the country. Surely enough, Niki is nonchalant about the trip as there's nothing he haven't seen in Japan. He was literally raised and grew up in Japan. At first, he wanted to just stay at the hotel and play video games but after knowing that Lily will be going on the short trip, he changed his mind almost immediately.

In the car, he sat next to Lily in the middle seat with Jungwon on his left. The girl is awing at everything she sees. Tall buildings, people, shops. Anything really. "It's what you see everyday, nuna. Just different place." He said. "I know but it's so fascinating. I haven't been to Japan for so long. It's changed so much since then."

Her voice is high due to her excitement and Niki found it adorable. He always find cute girls super adorable and Lily is cute so that says something.

After a while, the driver dropped them off at Nishiki Market since they're hungry. Lily is so excited to explore the market that she forget to wait for the others. She ran off first but thankfully, Niki was quick to hold her back. "Let's walk together, nuna." Her excitement slowly dies down after realizing how childish she might have seen to Niki.

Well, she can't help it since she's the youngest child in her family after her older sister who always babied her. "Sure. I almost forgot. Sorry."

And so their adventure of finding food begins. There are lots of food for sale and for someone who's a foodie, she became enchanted, not knowing which one to buy. Niki saw her struggle. "Nuna, let me show you something." He grabbed onto her hand, letting the others know that they're heading somewhere and walked away. "Since you love shrimp, I think you'll like this."

They stopped in front of a stall selling all kind of skewered ingredients. Niki gently bowed at the seller. "Three tempura shrimp skewers, please." He said in Japanese, already taking his money out from his wallet with Lily's hand still in her so she's practically being moved around like a marionette. The seller prepared the order and handed it to Lily who gladly took it. "You're such a beautiful girl." The seller said and it made Lily blushed as she thanked her.

The seller then turned to Niki. "You're so lucky to have such a beautiful girlfriend, boy. You better treat her right." Lily's and Niki's eyes widened in shock. It's a bad timing to understand Japanese. He's still a minor and liking him in that way would be bad. She's too young to get into the jail for it. "You've got it all wrong, ma'am. She's simply just my friend. Nothing more than that." He explained and Lily nodded.

Still, the seller find them very cute, especially Lily so she gave Lily an extra skewer for free. "Hope you enjoy it. Have a nice day~"

They both walked away, still hand in hand. "That was something. Here, do you want one?" She stopped walking and pointed a skewer towards Niki. He leaned forward and took a bite of the skewer. "It's good."

"Right? But sadly I can't eat much. I'm gonna gain lots of weight and that's not ideal." She pouted. Just thinking about it gives her a headache. Niki chuckled, "just eat. I won't say a thing to anyone. Besides, I like when you're chubbier, nuna. Healthy and happy you is my favorite."

Lily scoffed, "stop lying. Who would like me if I'm ugly?"

Niki doesn't say anything afterwards, not because Lily is right but he truly doesn't know what to say. "Let's find something more to eat before going back. But it's my treat. I'm older so listen to me." She warned but it doesn't even seem like a threat due to her puffy cheeks where she stores her food, resembling a squirrel. "Alright. Anything you want, nuna."

——

The maknae of Enhypen is a very cheerful and playful boy, everyone knows that. He tease everyone about everything that he could. And he especially loves teasing Lily about her height. Back in I-Land, Niki was small and skinny, which he was insecure with. Still, Lily loves Niki when he was younger. He truly felt like a little brother that she could protect.

However, after they debuted, he began working out more to gain lean muscles and appear more buff. He grow a lot taller too that he surpassed the tallest member in Enhypen, which is Heeseung. And now that he's so much taller, he just loves teasing Lily about her height.

Niki stopped playing his Nintendo for a while to grab a glass of water from the kitchen when she sees Lily struggling to grab the item that's at the very top of the cabinet. "Oh my god. Who the heck placed it at such height, knowing damn well I won't be able to reach it?!" She whispered-yelled in frustration. She is already on her tip toes but it seems like she still have a long way to go.

The maknae stared at her with a frown for a solid minute before she finally turned around with a sigh. She finally looked up and saw Niki. He smirked, "you need help, nuna?"

Lily rolled her eyes in annoyance. "No, definitely not from you. You're just going to tease me again. I can do this by myself." She looked around, trying to find the little stool that Jake bought just for her to reach the cabinet if no one was around to help but couldn't find it anywhere. Niki looked down on his feet and saw that the stool is being hidden behind the table.

He smiled to herself. "You need my help now, nuna?"

"No! And go back to your game, for god sake!" Her temper is surprisingly very bad when she's usually so patient. Small things usually irritates her the most. "Where the heck is the stool?"

Niki felt bad so he approached Lily. "What is it that you want, nuna? I'll get it for you." She frowned, not believing that he's actually trying to help her. Niki sighed, "come on, nuna. I don't have all day. I won't tease you if that's what you're thinking about. Quick."

She pointed at the item she wanted which is a box of cereal and Niki took it easily with no resistance. "Thank you." She took the box of cereal with her and left the kitchen before Niki even attempted at teasing her again. "You're welcome, shorty nuna! Glad to be at your service!" He laughed, eyes closed due to how hard he was laughing that he fail to see the pillow darting towards him. He only realized that he's been attacked when the pillow hits him in the face.

"Nuna! You're really—"

<>