= unexpected =

*Requested*

Warning: I'm not a professional when it comes to writing about medical situations but I did my research on it. However, there might be some wrong terms regarding the medical condition so feel free to correct me. Gently, please. I have a very sensitive heart, hehe. With that said, please enjoy.

With the year coming to an end, everyone in the K-Pop industry are probably in a busy state, preparing for tons of different performances for the countless amount of music award shows. And the same goes to Enhypen. It was the end of 2021, the second year of their debut and it will also be the second year of them joining award shows.

They're very meticulous when it comes to preparing for the performances. There are surely no space for mistakes and carelessness. It's the time that they're all so serious with their practices in order to show an amazing performance on stage. Usually, in times like this, whatever pain come forth, they would just heed them no mind as it will usually go away on its own and that's what Lily thought of when she had an excruciating pain in her abdomen.

It's so painful that even moving her limbs felt like torture. Still, she thought it was probably a symptom of her menstruation coming soon so she paid no mind to it. She practiced the choreography with the members, all the while frowning in pain. She was truly in so much pain that the other members noticed how pale she looks. That's why Jungwon asked for the music to be stopped and rushed to Lily.

"Are you okay, Lily? Your face is so pale and you're sweating so much. Are you hurt anywhere?" That's when she stutter in her steps and fell forward. Thankfully for her, Jay was standing in front of her so he got a hold of her securely. She grunt, "I don't know what's wrong with me but it's so painful. It's like my stomach is in pain but not quite. It's so painful. Please do something."

The maknae rushed out to get the protocol team for medical assistance immediately while Jay tried to calm Lily down. Jake is looking at her worriedly. This has never happened before and by the look of it, it's truly serious. Jay could feel how heat radiates from her body. "I think you're having a fever too, Lily. Let's get you to the hospital as soon as possible."

The moment the protocol team arrived, they went straight to Lily who's sweating profusely. She had never feel so sick before. There's also a medical assistant with the protocol team who pressed Lily's lower abdomen, making her cry out in pain. "Have you had any problems like vomiting or diarrhea lately?"

"I vomited last night and this morning. No diarrhea." Lily said which had the guys so bewildered. They had no idea that she was suffering since yesterday. "I think this is appendicitis and your appendix is bursting. We need to get you into surgery right away or it will be even worse than it should be."

Sunghoon eyed Lily worriedly as he watched her being taken away to the hospital. The guys stayed back at the practice room until further notice but they couldn't focus no matter how much they tried. Niki hissed, "I'm so worried. What if something bad happened to nuna?"

Sunoo shook his head, "let's not think about that. Lily is strong. I'm pretty sure she can get through this without any problem." He tried to convince himself to not get too worried but who is he lying? A condition where she needs immediate surgery? How is that not bad? Heeseung sighed, "let's just get back to practice. We'll get a call from the protocol team soon regarding her condition. Come on guys."

——

Lily whined as she feel slight discomfort on her lower abdomen but she's thankful that it's not as bad as it was before. She had undergo a surgery and it went smoothly without any complications. Thankfully for her, her appendix hasn't burst and was really at the edge to do so. If the protocol team were just a second late, they might have burst and caused even worse complications like infections and so on.

The doctor was checking on everything that needed to be checked when Lily woke up. "You're awake, thank goodness. How are you feeling dear? Any pain?"

"No. Not pain. I just feel slightly uncomfortable." The doctor hums, "that's normal, especially after a surgery. You're all good now, dear. You're lucky that you got here in time or it would turn sour. Anyway, I'll hand over your prescription to the pharmacy and please take them, okay?" Lily nodded her head. There's no way she would fight against the word of a doctor who knows better than she does.

The doctor smiled, "we will keep our eyes on you for a few days and if everything is clear, you're good to go for maybe another four or five days. However, I do need to let you know that it usually takes six weeks for you to completely heal so no heavy task, no vigorous activities and no dancing until you heal. Do you get me?"

It's tough to say yes since it's what she does for a living but for the sake of getting better quickly, she agreed to it all. "Alright then. That's good to know. I'll let your friends visit you. Take care and get well soon, dear." As soon as the doctor opened the door to Lily's private hospital room, the guys rushed inside to check on Lily who smiled at them tiredly.

"Are you okay now, nuna?" Lily nodded her head. "I'm all good for now. But the thing is.." she stops herself and they all looked at her with expectations. "I won't be able to join you guys in the award shows because I still need to heal. I'm sorry."

Heeseung is the first one to sigh in relief. "That's the least of our concerns, baby. We just want you to feel better so take all the time you need to heal."

"Yeah, true. And we'll take great care of you until then. You won't even have to lift a finger during your healing process. We'll help you out." Jake convinced, which caused Lily to chuckle. "It's such a relief I have you guys. What would I do without any of you?"

Jungwon scoffed, "you're saying as if we're going to let you leave us. Come on, Lily. You're a part of us and we're going to make sure you know that."

Sunghoon ruffled Lily's hair gently, knowing she just get out from surgery. "Focus on getting well, princess. Don't worry about anything else. We'll handle everything?"

"Thank you, guys."

<>