= jake's angel =

The two Aussies are surely something when they're together. They're like the infamous golden retriever boy and black cat girl dynamic with Jake being the golden retriever and Lily being the black cat. If you think Lily is too clingy with the other members, wait till you see Jake when it comes to Lily. He turns to a whole new person and although it surprises the other members at first, they're now used to it.

Jake often clings to Lily every chance he gets, which is not much considering Ni-Ki and Jungwon (tho it might not seem like it) hog her so much that she barely on her own. But when he is given the chance, he would gladly grab it without second thoughts.

———

Exhibit One

After shooting for the music video, the members gathered behind the screen to review the videos to see if they wanted another take at it or they're satisfied with it. All the members are sweating from the heat and also intense choreography that they had to do for the music video. That's why Lily tried to stand away as far as she could from the others as she's afraid that her body would smell.

Jake has been sitting on the chair in front of the screen with his stylists fanning him using a mini electric fan while he looks around, searching for Lily. When he couldn't find her, he turned over to his stylist with a pout. "I couldn't see Lily anywhere. Did she leave to go somewhere?" He asked and the stylist smiled before pointing at Lily who's standing at the far corner of the room, in front of a huge electric fan to dry herself.

"She has been doing that a lot today. Don't know what got into her but I think she's feeling hot." The stylist told Jake so he stood up from his chair after thanking his stylist and head to stand next to Lily in front of the fan. The girl was so lost in her own little world that she failed to see Jake. "What are you doing, angel?"

That shocked her quite bad as she jumped out of surprise. "Oppa!" She scolded. "You scared me." Then she went back to stand in front of the fan but with a pretty big distance to Jake. The guy tried to go closer to her but she scoots further from him. "Don't come too close. I'm sweating so much." That made Jake frown, "and?"

"What do you mean and? I smell like an expired milk. Go away." Upon confessing that, Lily's cheeks began blushing madly. It's hard to admit that out loud but Jake knows no personal space when it comes to Lily. Jake could only chuckle and ruffle Lily's hair. "You're so cute, angel. And what if you smell like an expired milk? Expired milk creates cheese and I love cheese. So, that means I love you and I don't mind you smelling like cheese."

That's true but also a lie because Lily takes really good care of her hygiene, therefore she always smells good no matter how much she sweats. Jake opens his arms, inviting Lily into them for a hug. She wanted to reject at first but it's been so long (which is an hour) since she got a hug from any of the members. Also, Jake gave out the best hugs and she would be a fool to deny them. She slowly walks into his arms and rested her head on his chest. "You did amazing on the shooting today, angel. And also, did you know you look absolutely stunning like you always do?"

Lily chuckled and nodded her head, "I do, oppa."

Jake hums, "thank god you know or else I'd have gone through hell and back to make you believe my words."

———

Exhibit Two

Amongst the members of Enhypen, Lily gets scared the easiest, followed by Sunoo and Jake. However, Lily loves going into the haunted house at Lotte World just to feel the thrill of it. She sure is a scaredy cat but at the same time, she loves to challenge herself with things she's scared of, even though she knows what the ending is going to be like.

And since everyone were busy with getting on other rides, Jake volunteered to accompany Lily into the haunted house. "You know you don't have to torture yourself, right? You hate things like this." Lily said while they head to the haunted house. "Meh. My life was getting bored anyway. Wanted to feel at least some thrill so don't worry. This is more for me than for you." That was the worst lie that Jake had ever said because his heart is beating like crazy but he wanted to go in there with Lily just so he could show Lily that she could rely on him even when he's scared.

They both entered the haunted house and upon leaving, Jake is holding onto Lily tightly while screaming. Lily didn't even have the chance to get scared as Jake was the one who did all the screaming. By the time they're outside, Lily is staring at Jake in disbelief as he slowly compose himself. "That wasn't so scary. I think I did well in handling that." Lily rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"I didn't get to be scared because you keep screaming next to my ears. You're the worst, oppa. My ears are now ringing because of you." She sighed and walked away. "Aww, Lily! I'm sorry. I didn't expect it to be that scary. It was the haunted house's fault." Lily walked away as quick as she could to get away from the man who's practically chasing after her now. "Angel! Can you stop running from me?! I'm still tired from screaming too much!"

"Go away! I don't know you!"

"Angel! My angel!"

———

Exhibit Three

"Oppa?" Lily called out gently, her eyes barely opening as she opened the door to Jake's room where he's busy playing games online with his online friends. He mute his mic and looked up at Lily. "Yes, angel? Do you need something?" She nodded her head. "I crave ice cream but I can't find any in the fridge. Jay oppa said that there's ice cream in there but there's none." Her voice is tired and weary as she had spent the whole day studying.

To add on, she is currently on the time of the month and her moods are all over the place. She's holding onto her favorite Kuromi plushie that Jake had gifted her last year for her birthday. "I'm pretty sure someone finished it earlier today. Come here." He patted on his lap and Lily doesn't hesitate to sit on them, making herself comfortable as she sits facing him with her face in his neck. "I'll order something for you to eat and also some ice cream. Is it okay if you wait a bit?"

She hums tiredly. "Alright. Then, take a nap. It's okay. I know you had a long day today." He gently pats her back, soothing her to sleep. "Thank you, oppa. I love you."

He smiled to himself. Soft Lily is surely his favorite. "You're most welcome, angel. And I love you too. Always."

##