= prank goes wrong =

*Requested*

The variety show that Enhypen about to attend is well known for pranking their guests. I wouldn't say it's extreme but it sure is uncomfortable to some level. That's why most of them is nervous about attending the show, except for Jungwon and Niki who are thrilled about it. As long as the prank doesn't go too far, they're thrilled for it.

Everyone that is working with Enhypen knows about Lily's deathly allergic when it comes to tomato and due to a mistake that a crew had made before, they tightened up their standard of procedure in order to make sure things like that doesn't happen again.

The catering team pays very detailed attention when it comes to the food being served so when they're invited to a variety show where there are food that is going to be served by the show's crew to Enhypen, the head of the catering team made sure to remind them about Lily's allergic.

It was reminded a few times by the head manager to the one handling the food so that no mishap would happen. But quite the opposite happen. Instead of making sure that the food is free from tomato, they purposefully served Lily with a food that contains tomato under the pretense of pranking her. Every members were served with different food so that they won't suspect a thing and Lily was just happy to have something to eat.

She wasn't suspicious of anything as she picks up the fork to pick up the pieces of meat that is cooked to perfection, oblivious of what's to come. The others are enjoying their food too. "Woah~ This is really delicious. Thank you for the food," thanked the maknae as he enjoys his meal. No one suspected a thing and Lily was truly enjoying her food.

It was too delicious that Lily became speechless. It's a taste she had never had before (obviously since she's allergic to tomato, duh). She even finished eating in less that 30 minutes due to how delicious it was. Lily thanked the staff who came to pick up her dirty plate with a gentle smile. The staff grinned back mischievously at her, waiting for the effect to take place.

"Okay! Let's get back to shooting! Enhypen! Stand by!"

They all got to their position, ready to shoot again when Lily suddenly gets red flashes on her face. Jake saw it, "you okay, angel? Your face is red." Lily shrugged her shoulders, actually feeling weird. "I don't know. I feel hot. Like, the air conditioner is on but I'm feeling like I'm actually burning and my throat itches."

The director smirked to himself as he feigned sympathy towards Lily. "Lily? Are you okay? Your face is super red." She then began sneezing, making snots coming out of her nose. Jungwon who's standing next to her covered her nose with his hand to protect her idol image. "Tissue, please!" The leader called out and Lily's personal stylist came running with a box of tissues. She held it over Lily's nose, asking her to blow so she did.

"You were just fine before this." The stylist checked on Lily's physical condition. Her face is practically as red as a tomato, despite her wearing makeup and it seems like her face is a bit swollen too. "Lily? I think you're having an allergy reaction, dear. Your face is swollen."

They all started panicking, even the show's crews pretended to panic when they're well aware of what is happening since it happened because of them. Suddenly, Lily began breathing like she was suffocating. "Eonni, I can't breathe—"

"Medical team! Lily is having an allergy reaction! Please come now!" The medical team rushed to Lily with an Epipen to free her airway so that she could breathe better. "Her body temperature is rising by the time! Ready the car. We're heading to the hospital right away."

Without any stretcher since it will take time just to prepare it, Heeseung carried her up and rushed to the car prepared by the protocol team while everyone else stayed back to settle the rest. Jungwon is seething in anger because he knows for a fact that this is not a simple mistake but instead, a planned out mistake. The staffs of the show are all looking satisfied but some looked very guilty as if they had just attempted to kill someone.

"Who was it?" questioned Niki who looked at them, almost like murdering them with his eyes. That's how scary he appears to them. And no one dared to say anything. Jake chuckled sarcastically, "and this is why we never go to any type of variety show. Thankfully, we decided to install a hidden camera everywhere just in case something like this happened. Even if no one admit it, we'll still find the culprit."

Jay smirked, "prepared to go in prison for attempted murder. And some money too, because we sure wouldn't let you guys off the hook with just prison." Upon hearing the fact that they all might go into prison for what they did sent shivers down their spine. This is not what they had in mind when they planned it. They thought that her allergic were not so severe but it was indeed so bad that they almost killed her.

It's been Lily's biggest weakness, having an allergy to a common cooking ingredient. It's hard enough for her to live in a world where she grew up in a Western country, but now that she's a well known figure, this fact has became a major issue for her since people who tried to bring her down uses this to their advantage.

That's why the catering team is super stern and serious when they're handling Enhypen's food. They know for a fact that one simple mistake can cost them Lily's life. "So, no one wants to admit it?"

Sunoo tilted his head a little to the side and no one even dare to look up. They all find the floor rather interesting at the moment. "Well. There's no other choice then. Meet you guys at court. Let's leave, guys." Jungwon leads the group as they left the venue, letting the protocol team finished what was left. All they know that is that whoever did this to Lily will have to pay.

On their way to the hospital, they all can't help but to worry. "Nuna will be fine," Niki paused, his eyes teary, "right?"

Sunghoon shrugged his shoulders. "There's really no telling, Niki. Let's just pray for Lily to be safe." They all have to admit that while Lily is in Enhypen, she did get admitted to the hospital quite a few times because she is fragile. And she has many weaknesses that people love to use against her.

"We fail again. When will this stop, really? How many times does Lily have to suffer from these selfish people? She almost died, for god sake. When will they learn that Lily means no harm to any of them?" Jay could never understand why people tried so hard to bring Lily down when she's literally innocent. She barely talked to anyone and anytime she opens her mouth, it's always to say something nice. Lily never hurt anyone so why does people always find ways to hurt her?

Jake sighed, "that's just how life is, I guess. You can't trust people too much because the second you put your guard down, people will attack you right away."

——

Heeseung couldn't stop crying while waiting outside the room. As they arrived at the hospital, Lily's heart has stopped beating once and was resuscitated by the doctors but she went into cardiac arrest the second time and since then, he hasn't been getting any news. Their manager sat next to Heeseung as he patted his back. "It's going to be okay, kiddo. She's going to make it. You know she will."

It's true she always make it through but what if she's too tired of it? What if she is fed up of how everyone is treating her? She just wants to live but at this point, she's just surviving in a world filled with predators like she's the only prey for them to pounce on. What if for once and all, she wanted it all to stop hurting?

What if that's what she wants instead of keep going and pretend like nothing is wrong when everything is so wrong with her life that it's to the point of no fixing it?

What if she just let go?

<>