= dearest, darling, my universe =

Heavily inspired by the song Love Wins All by IU.

Is it too much if Jake admitted that Lily is literally his everything? The girl's smile literally light up the world whenever she's around him. The sound of her laugh is like a lovely melody to him and he would love to hear them over and over again. And to him, she's like the real epitome of beauty.

He absolutely loves bringing her to the beach whenever they have some free time because there is where he could see the smile that is the most genuine. That is when Lily feels the happiest and calmest. It's just something about the combination of the calm sound of the waves and the chirping of the birds that has her so in love with being on the beach, what's more with the people she loves and adores.

On one fine day, Jake decided to bring Lily out for a little outing together. Just the two of them together. He already had everything planned out. From morning to night. The reason why he decided to do this is because Lily had been having a pretty hard time lately and it shows on the way she acts. She tried to be subtle about it but she's the worst liar one could know. With this little getaway, Jake hopes that it could heal at least a small part of her.

He just wants her to be able to smile genuinely again. At first, he wanted to take Lily somewhere far but they don't have much time to spare so this will do. A little something to get her mind off of reality. Even if it's just for a short while.

——

"We're having breakfast here, oppa? Isn't it hard to get a reservation at this place? It's like always packed with people." Lily's eyes sparkled with excitement at the sight of one of her bucket list restaurant. It serves only breakfast but there's always a long line and reservations are always full. "I have my own ways. Let's go inside. I'm pretty sure you're hungry."

Lily nodded her head excitedly and linked her arm with Jake's as they entered the restaurant. Jake let the receptionist knows about his reservation and they're lead into one of the quieter part of the restaurant with a beautiful view. They're both seated and Lily can't help but to feel super happy. "Seriously, this is too much. How do you manage to do this?"

Jake chuckled, "too much? This is just the beginning, angel. We still have the whole day. Let's just set your expectations higher because I have lots of things planned for you. This is a day for you to relax and let me do all the work." Lily awed in amazement while Jake ordered a few items off of the menu. With the given opportunity, Lily took out her polaroid camera and took a picture of Jake, making him smile as he's done ordering.

"Sneaky little girl."

——

After having a hearty breakfast, their next destination is to the store that you can decorate your own cake. They're going to have a picnic later on so this will be a good thing to do. Upon entering, the staff greeted the two of them nicely and they are guided through everything from beginning to end.

"And what would you like to put on the cake, angel? Fruits, perhaps?" Jake tilted his head while his arm supports it, looking at Lily with so much adoration. "I think peach and strawberry would be nice," she looked up at Jake, "is that okay with you, oppa?"

Jake smiled and nodded his head. "I'm fine with whatever you want, angel. So, peach and strawberry it is." He helped Lily with decorating the cake and they even had fun by smearing cream on each other's faces. Lily even took a selfie of their face smeared with creams but as soon as Lily pressed the button to take a picture, Jake turns his head and landed a fat smooch on Lily's cheek. "Oppa~" she whined.

The guy only laughed as he landed another kiss on her other cheek. "You look too cute and I just can't help it. Sorry not sorry, hehe."

——

After that, they went to have lunch together. It was only a light lunch as they'll have a heavy dinner later on. The next destination is to the beach as it's already 6 in the evening. As they arrived at the beach, Lily runs towards the ocean with open arms, letting the cold wind kiss her skin. "It's been a while since I went to the beach." She turned around to find Jake staring at her with a proud smile. "Thank you, oppa."

Lily took off her shoes and placed it at the side so that she could play in the water by dipping her feet in it. Jake took the time to set everything up and ordered food, which just happened to be fried chicken and for some reason, he felt like drinking wine so he ordered some too. Once it arrived, he sets it down and joined Lily to play alongside the beach.

They had the utmost fun, laughing together. At the moment, it seems like nothing is real and they're free of any problems and pain. All her sadness fades away as Jake tries his best to heal her. It's working. It might be temporary but at least it worked and Lily doesn't know how to thank him for doing all this for her.

As the sun sets, they both sat down on the sand, watching the view. Jake hugged his knees while Lily rested her head on his shoulder. She lets out a soft sigh in content. "Dad loved bringing me to the beach when I was younger, especially to watch sunset," she smiled and Jake said nothing. He gives her the space to let it all out, knowing it has been piling in her for so long. "I miss him, oppa. But nothing good would come out of me crying over him every day. He's gone for good and there's nothing I can do will bring him back to me. And I think I've made peace with that."

Her eyes are stuck on the sun as it sets, painting the sky a beautiful hue of oranges and reds. "All I need to do is keep him alive in my memories. That way, he won't completely disappear." Jake raised one of his arm to wrap it around Lily's shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure he's looking after you up there somewhere, Lily. He's not completely gone." Lily chuckled and nodded her head. A few drop of tears escaped her eyes but she's not sad. She just feels a sense of longing. "Today was amazing. I love it so much, oppa."

Jake sighed in relief. "I'm glad you love it, angel." Lily took her polaroid camera from her bag. "Let's take a picture as a way to remember today." She raised it up high and took a picture of them both. Once the picture came out, Jake couldn't help but to smile. The picture looks so beautiful because the smile that is on Lily's face is genuine, the one that was lost for so long.

Lily suddenly hugged Jake. "Thank you for everything. I mean it."

They both stayed in silence for a moment while Jake gently pats Lily's back. He'll gladly do this over and over again if it means to see her smile like that again. Her happiness is his happiness and seeing that whatever this is had made her happy is more than enough for him. "I love you, angel. Never forget that."

"I know and I will never forget it. I love you too, oppa."

##

ps: Idk why I've been so obsessed with Jake lately but I just did so here's a chapter with Jake teehee 😜 hope you guys enjoy it