= angel =

*Requested*

One thing that Lily would never understand is how the members, including Niki, babied her like she is the maknae when she's a year and 9 months older than the maknae himself. She makes everything counts and still, even if she did prove her point, they would still talk to her like she's a child and treat her like she's the youngest.

She can't say she hates it but sometimes, they're just too much and she felt like a kid.

——

Lily didn't get any sleep due to recording last night and she's exhausted, sleepy and tired. Her eyes are barely opened and she dread the day since they have a shooting for a variety show going on. Thankfully for her, she will get to sleep for a bit since the episode of the variety show requires them to fall asleep first before answering a few questions.

While the members made a chaos, wondering if they'll wake up when they need to, Lily is already fighting against her sleepiness. She is situated in between Heeseung and Sunoo. Sunoo saw how sleepy she looks and decided to pat her back so that she could sleep better. "Our baby is sleepy~" Sunoo cooed but Lily is in no position to fight back because she was seriously so sleepy.

"Lily is asleep?" Jake asked curiously and pushed Heeseung over to see her. Lily is all curled up against Heeseung's side, her fingers gently moves as she plays with the fabric of Heeseung's onesie. Sleeping Lily is the cutest Lily in their opinion because she truly looks like a toddler, especially with those flushed supple cheeks.

Jay too, went to lay on top of Sunghoon's stomach, making the guy grunt in discomfort, just to get a glimpse of the sleeping girl. "She did stayed up late though last night. I didn't even here her coming back." Heeseung said. He had slept at 10 yesterday and when he woke up the next morning, all he sees is Lily in her bed, sleeping soundly.

Jungwon hummed, "our Lily is working really hard nowadays~"

Jake hums. "True~ Our cute and lovely Lily is such a hardworking girl~"

Lily heard it and got up. "Stop teasing me, Jake." Heeseung and Sunoo were genuinely surprised that she suddenly woke up which caused the others to burst into laughter. "Yah. I thought you were asleep, Lily," exclaimed Sunoo who's looking at her with wide eyes. "I was but you guys were so loud."

Sunghoon chuckled and cleared his throat. "Aigoo, we should be quiet now. The baby is going to sleep." He then subtly glanced at Lily to see her reaction and there she is, glaring at him. "You guys are truly insufferable. I'm going to sleep."

"Let's sleep, baby~" teased Heeseung who wrapped his arms around her smaller frame and pulling her into a cuddle. She relaxed in his embrace and fell asleep once again. Sunoo smiled upon seeing it. "Let's sleep, everyone~"

——

Lily dislike being babied, especially if it's coming from the maknae. Surely, the maknae is like so much bigger and taller than she is but that doesn't mean that he can baby her all he wants because at this point, she feels like a kid that is unable to do anything on her own.

Just like right now. Enhypen is going live on Weverse together, since it's Lily's birthday and they decided to celebrate it together as per Lily's wish. One by one, the members walked into her hotel room, bearing gifts with them. Jay gifted her a new Kuromi plushie, Jake bought matching hoodies for both her and himself, Sunghoon gifted her a beautiful necklace from Cartier, Sunoo bought her a pair of new sneakers in her favorite color, which is lilac, Jungwon gifted her a pair of cute earrings from Tiffany and co and Heeseung bought her a new pair of ear pieces with amazing designs on it.

While Niki? This kid is a menace. He prepared two gifts for Lily. One of them being a beautiful ring from Tiffany and co and the other is kid's princess play set that includes a fake tiara crown, a wand and a fake diamond ring. He had put it on her and took lots of photos, making the girl blushed madly. "Aigoo. Our princess is the prettiest, isn't it?" Niki teased with a playful smirk on his lips.

Lily glared at him and it would far more threatening if she isn't looking like a toddler who got forced to wear those accessories. And so the teasing begins throughout the live. Lily is sitting in between Jay and Jungwon, who are probably the only two that is a little bit bearable compared to the others.

Jay is feeding her the blueberry flavoured cheesecake and he missed her mouth which made it stained the side of her lips. Niki chuckled and playfully scolded Jay, "hyung! Why are you making such a mistake to our princess?"

"I swear to god, Niki. If you don't stop, I'm going to fight you." That made him stop babying and teasing her for the night but it doesn't last long because at the end of the live, she is twirling in a circle to show off the beautiful dress a fan had gifted to her during a fansign before.

"Aigoo. So beautiful~ So cute~"

That gained some laughs from the other members who also began cooing at the girl. "Engene~ Look at them teasing me~" She complained, hoping that Engene would take her side but she was wrong because the comments are also babying her, saying how cute and adorable she looks, like that of a little child.

She scoffed in disbelief. "I seriously can't believe you guys."

——

Even though she hated being babied most of the time, there are actually moments that she needed them. When things feel especially hard on her, she often turns to the older members for comfort. At first, she wad unsure of doing so because she doesn't want to trouble them but after a while, she found it super hard to keep it all to herself without it affecting her mood entirely.

So, she turned to Heeseung since he's her roommate and also because he's the oldest and is more likely to understand her without blaming her for everything.

It was one of those day where everything feels so heavy without an apparent reason. She did everything she was asked but she feels like she's not doing enough. The first thing she did when they all arrive back at their dorm is to shower so that she can rethink the things she did for the day. Usually that is enough to comfort her but today, it feels especially bad.

When she got out of the bathroom, she heads back to her bedroom, not having the energy to socialize with anyone. That's when Heeseung noticed that something is wrong with her. "Baby?"

He sat down in front of her on the bed, "what's wrong? Are you okay?"

Lily shook her head, "I'm sorry but everything feels so hard on me today. I tried to not think too much about it but I just can't. It's tiring." Heeseung awed at the state the girl is in. She's crying and her voice is soft. He cups her face in his palms and wiping the tears with his thumbs. "Sometimes things does get tiring when we least expect it. There's nothing wrong in that. You shouldn't feel bad about it. You're surviving too, baby."

She sobbed into his palm, letting the tears out freely. "Let it all out. I'm here for you, baby. I'll hold you." And so he did, he let the girl cry to her heart content, knowing she had been keeping it to herself for a long time. They both stayed in silence, only her crying could be heard.

After fifteen minutes or so, she finally stopped crying. Heeseung smiled proudly at her, his palms still attached to her face as he had promised to hold her. And Lily feels safe with him. She can be vulnerable with him because he would never ever judge her. Just then, she feels cold wind blowing on her face, calming her down.

That is a trick that Heeseung found online to comfort a crying toddler and he thought it might work on Lily too. Thankfully for him, it did or it might have been real awkward. "You're doing great, baby. You might not see it because you're always criticizing yourself but to us, who sees how hard you work and how much you've improved, you're doing amazing."

Lily sniffed, "really?"

Heeseung gently laughs as he caressed her cheeks softly. It's like he's handling a toddler with how gentle he's being with her. "Of course, baby. So, don't think too much about it, hmm? You're not alone here. You have us. All of us."

<>