CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I HAVE NO WORDS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I HAVE NO WORDS ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The follow morning Sera, as predicted, had a very nice bruise where Mulciber's fingers had pressed into her pale skin. However, it was easy to hide under her shirt and robes.

When she arrived at the Great Hall Sera joined her fellow Slytherins for breakfast, taking a seat next to Regulus who was surrounded by a few students in his year. Her eyes flickered further down the table to see Mulciber and Rosier seated by their little gang of friends.

"Do they-?" she asked quietly while reaching over to pick up a chicken sandwich.

"I don't think so," Regulus shook his head, not looking away from the book he was reading.

"Good," she took a bite, "I have enough problems without having to worry about those two planning to murder me in my sleep."

"About last night-"

"Let's just forget about what happened," Sera told him, "Now I just have to speak to Mary MacDonald and find out what she is planning on telling McGonagall."

"Won't it be a problem that neither Mulciber nor Rosier remember what happened," Regulus pointed out, "The teachers might suspect something."

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Reggie," Sera smiled reassuringly, "No matter what happens no one except me knows that you were there - and I won't say anything."

Her eyes landed on Mary MacDonald who stood up  with her friends. They were on their way out of the Great Hall and Sera saw this her as her opportunity to catch the girl before she got the chance to speak with McGonagall - assuming she hadn't done it already considering that none of them had been called to the headmaster's office.

"Gotta go. See you at dinner," she told Regulus, picking up her bag before she quickly walked after the group of Fourth Year Gryffindor girls.

When she got into the hallway that was mostly vacated she started to run to catch up with them. "Oi! MacDonald!" she said loudly, gaining the attention of the group. It was impossible to miss the judgment in the four Gryffindor girls eyes' when they looked at her. And something else - maybe a little fear?

"May I speak with you, MacDonald?" Sera asked her politely, "Alone."

"Why would she want to speak with you?" one of the girls, Sera had absolutely no idea what her name was, asked her. The girl crossed her arms and straightened her back in an attempt to look more confident. However, when Seraphina raised an eyebrow at her the girl immediately avoided her eyes.

"It's okay," Mary MacDonald told her friends, "I will catch up with you later."

"Are you sure?" another one of Mary's friends eyed her cautiously.

Sera rolled her eyes, "Could you stop acting like I'm a mass murderer?" she asked the four girls, "I'm just here to talk to Mary."

"You are a Slytherin," the confident one said, looking at her with a sneer.

Seraphina was starting to get genuinely annoyed by the Gryffindor girls. "And you four are Gryffindors," she deadpanned, "Now when we have clarified that, may I speak with Mary before we all die of old age?"

Seraphina waited patiently for the other girls to leave before she focused her attention on MacDonald, "About last night-"

"You don't have to come here and threaten me. I'm not going to tell McGonagall anything," Mary told her.

"What?" Sera asked in confusion, "I'm not here to threaten you. I just wanted to ask what you were planning on telling the teachers-"

"You don't have to explain yourself," Mary said, looking more confident than Sera had thought the girl was - but then again, she was a Gryffindor. They were brave - but foolish at times. "Or defend your friends-"

"My friends? I saved you from them," Sera said in disbelief, "A little gratitude would suit this situation better than accusations."

"I don't know what you want - but I promise you that I won't go to the teachers with this so you don't have to worry-" Mary started but Sera cut her off.

"Why would I be worried?" Sera exclaimed, "I saved you - I didn't attack you."

"Just drop it," Mary MacDonald told her, "We are not friends - and we will never be. I don't owe you anything and you don't owe me anything."

With that Mary MacDonald turned around and walked away, leaving Seraphina to look at the spot she had vacated in disbelief. She couldn't believe it. It wasn't like she had expected Mary MacDonald to sing her praises but a little thank you wouldn't have hurt.

"What's up, Sephy? Why were you talking to MacDonald?" James asked, walking up to her with the rest of the Marauders.

Getting knocked out of her thoughts she turned to the boys, "Uh, I found her notebook in the library last night. So I was returning it," Sera lied. "Are you guys ready for History of Magic?"

"Is it possible to be ready for History of Magic?" James snorted, "I don't care about anything that happened B.J."

He noticed everyone else's looks of confusion and clarified, "Before James," he deadpanned, "I'm actually thinking about starting a proposition to make 27th March a National holiday. I mean, it might be the most important day in Wizarding history."

Seraphina just looked at him in disbelief, "I have no words."

"I have a tendency to render people speechless," James said smugly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they started to walk towards Professor Binns' classroom.

"You look tired, Sephy," Remus noted, looking at her with a worry she knew mirrored the one on her own face every full moon when he looked worn down. It made her wonder how terrible she looked this morning.

"It was a long night," Sera said, which wasn't a lie. "And my dorm mates were taking forever to get ready this morning so I just gave up waiting for my mirror-time." She motioned towards her face and hair, "This is what happens then."

"Well, I think you look absolutely stunning," Sirius told her, his signature charming smile taking over his beautiful features. Sera was pretty sure that he even looked like this when he woke up.

She looked at him with a deadpan expression, "Yeah, right."

"What? You really look beautiful, you always do," Sirius told her, grey eyes actually looking sincere, but his cocky grin ruined it.

"Padfoot, don't make me get the hose."