CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR

WE COULD USE ANOTHER BRAIN
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

WE COULD USE ANOTHER BRAIN✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seraphina found herself in a state of denial as she boarded the Hogwarts Express on 1 September 1977. Thinking about how this would be the last year at Hogwarts only made her sad and gave her anxiety about her future, so she decided to not think about it.

As she walked through the narrow corridor, pushing between students reuniting and hugging each other in the middle of the way instead of going into their compartments. Several times she cleared her throat loudly and once or twice she bumped past a few people standing in her way, purposefully knocking into them with her shoulder to signal that they were in the way.

A hand grabbing her wrist, pulling her into a compartment gave her a sense of déjà vu. Only this time, before she could punch the person, her other wrist was grabbed as well, holding her in place.

"Ha-ha!" Sirius smirked in triumph. "Who has reflexes now?" He then pulled her into a kiss after closing the door behind her. Nearly a week passed since their conversation and somehow the dam of emotions burst that day.

They had been apart for much longer many times before and she'd never allowed herself to miss him this much. Now, however, she saw no reason to restrain her emotions. For days now she'd longed for his presence - for his touch.

"Hello there" Sirius grinned, nose brushing against hers due to their close proximity.

"Aren't you unusually early," Seraphina said.

"I wanted to see you," Sirius told her. "Oh, and the new Head Boy dragged me here in good time."

"How is our Head Boy feeling today?" Seraphina asked when she stepped back. The news of James Potter being appointed Head Boy shocked them all. The only person less suitable for that role happened to stand in front of her. "Nervous?"

"Very confident until he actually stepped on the train and realised what he was in for. Moony had to drag him to the meeting," Sirius snorted. "Honestly, Remus being prefect was embarrassing enough. Now I have to be associated with the Head Boy!"

"Either Dumbledore drank too much Fire Whiskey and wrote the wrong name on the letter, or he's determined to push James and Lily together this year," Seraphina said, "because James will be the worst Head Boy in history."

Despite how much he matured during their Sixth Year, the Marauders would not leave Hogwarts without a bang. Seraphina would actually be quite disappointed in them if there were no pranks this year and with the Head Boy on their side nothing could stop them — except maybe the wrath of Professor McGonagall and Lily.

"Monty considered throwing his badge into the fire but Mia stopped him," Sirius chuckled. "A true disappointment to the Potter name."

"Fleamont will never recover from the embarrassment," Seraphina played along. "Where is Peter?"