CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE

IT'S NOT CONTROLLING IT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

IT'S NOT CONTROLLING IT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Don't touch that," Seraphina smacked Sirius's hand away when he tried to drop a few wormwood leaves into the cauldron. "The wormwood goes in after the lavender."

"That's not what the instructions say," Sirius reminded her. "We have to follow the instructions."

Snorting, she looked at him in disbelief, "You haven't followed a single instruction in your life but now you want to be a law abiding citizen?" For the past two weeks they had been working together in potions class and it was difficult for Seraphina to not fall into old patterns. It's not like she hated her former friends. When Sirius spoke with her, she couldn't ignore him and with his charming and witty personality it was near impossible for her to not play along.

"You have a good influence on me," Sirius winked.

Rolling her eyes at his blatant flirting, Seraphina tried to concentrate on brewing the Potion of Dreamless sleep – a potion Seraphina truly could use. The momentary break from sleepless nights she got when she was home during Easter break was over. Back at the Burrow she could relax enough to get enough hours every night but recently Seraphina found herself incapable of dozing up for more than an hour before waking up – and those were the good nights. Most nights she simply laid awake until the sun came up again.

The reasons for her regular sleeping problems were no mystery to her. It had started after the incident with Rosier and some night she did wake up from nightmares of it; she felt pathetic since nothing truly had happened but the feeling of his hands against her body made her shudder in disgust. Some evenings she refused to fall asleep wishing to avoid that feeling.

Seraphina and Sirius finished the Potion of Dreamless Sleep and Slughorn came over to inspect the purple potion. "Splendid work as always, Miss. Weasley," he praised their work. Then he turned to the dark haired boy beside her, "Good job, Mr. Black."

"Team effort," Sirius smirked, holding up her fisted hand for her to bump. When she simply cocked an eyebrow, he pouted, "Don't leave me hanging like this. That's just cruel."

"I'm evil by nature, so it's in line with my personality," Seraphina shrugged, packing up her book. Now that they had finished, Slughorn would likely allow them to leave a few minutes early.

"You are not evil," Sirius told her, his expression turning more serious. He clearly hadn't taken her statement as a joke. "You are snarky, a bit rude sometimes and definitely not always a ray of sunshine, but you are not evil."

"Thanks, Black," Seraphina chuckled. "You truly know exactly what a girl wants to hear." Putting her Potions textbook in her bag, she slung it over her shoulder, "I will see you next class." As she passed him, Seraphina gave him a fist bump.