CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

YOU ARE OFF THE TEAM
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU ARE OFF THE TEAM✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Hours later, Seraphina's stomach rumbled since she hadn't had a proper breakfast and skipped lunch. Normally, she never skipped any meals. If she didn't eat a proper breakfast, the first few classes would be pure torture and skipping lunch meant that she wouldn't be capable of concentrating for the afternoon classes either.

Knowing very well that skipping dinner only would lead to her not falling asleep because of her hunger, she sat up in bed. Running a hand through her hair she slowly stood up and adjusted her robes. Her little run through the castle earlier only seemed to make her knee hurt more. As always, Madam Pomfrey knew what she was talking about when she told her to take it easy for a few days.

When nearing the common area, Seraphina heard a buzzing of voices warning her that the Slytherin Dungeon probably was filled with students chatting and doing their homework before going down to dinner in the Great Hall.

If asked to describe herself, Seraphina would never claim to be popular or the kind of person who believed everyone's life was centred around her; she wasn't like the Marauders who probably were the most popular students at Hogwarts - especially James and Sirius - who managed to gain the attention of everyone every time they entered a room.

But Seraphina Weasley was the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team which meant that almost every single person at Hogwarts knew who she was. She wasn't the kind of student that went under the radar for her entire schooling. And after almost dying during their last game, she doubted there was anyone at school who didn't know her.

When she walked across the common area, several heads turned in her direction. Ignoring their curious gazes, she kept her eyes on her target – the doors. Silently, she prayed that none of them would stop her to ask how she was recovering; or worse that they'd comment on their recent loss.

Once outside the Common Room, Seraphina almost believed herself to be safe. But she only managed to walk a few metres before a familiar voice called out for her, making every muscle in her body tense. Her first instinct was to continue walking. If only it wouldn't give him even more satisfaction of knowing he had gotten to her.

Slowly, she turned around, hands folding behind her back to make sure they couldn't see her hands trembled from how tense her muscles were. Seeing Rosier standing there, flanked by Mulciber and Farley made her feel outnumbered.

Raising an eyebrow, Seraphina asked, "Yes, Rosier?"

His cold, greyish eyes stared into hers with no sign of remorse as he said, "I just wanted to — apologise for what happened during the game," he said monotonously. "It was a mistake, of course."