CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

THE BLACK SHEEPS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE BLACK SHEEPS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Where in Godric's name are we?" Sirius asked for the hundredth time. Much like Seraphina had told James and Sirius, she had managed to come up with a plan to cheer Sirius up and help him get through what had happened to him.

"We are in Shere in Surrey," Seraphina deadpanned as she led him through the quaint country village. "You heard me say it." It had taken some convincing for James to not come with them on their little expedition, but after a while he relented since it was about making Sirius feel better and not about how he didn't trust any boys around Sera.

"Okay - why are we here then?" Sirius changed his question. She didn't want to tell him exactly why they were there since she didn't want to risk him backing out for some reason.

"I told you - it's a surprise," Seraphina said vaguely, searching for the right house.

"Do you know where we are going?" Sirius asked, looking at her sceptically. "Because you look lost."

"I'm not lost. I know where we are going, I am just not certain how we will get there," Seraphina told him pointedly.

"Isn't that the definition of lost?" Sirius snorted, looking around as if he was searching for a clue to where they were heading.

"No, the definition of lost is not knowing one's whereabouts," Seraphina argued. "Like I said earlier, I know where I am. I am simply not completely certain how to get to the place I want to come to - oh wait, forget what I said earlier. We are here."

She grabbed Sirius hand, much to his surprise, and dragged him towards a cottage that was located a bit outside the small town of Shere. A wooden fence delimited the garden from the rest of the field and inside roses, lilies and other flowers were planted in neat rows. There was a gravel footpath that led from the gate in the fence to the front door of the cosy looking cottage.

Instead of walking through the front gate, Seraphina climbed over the fence, releasing Sirius's hand when she did so. "Come on," she told him.

"Are we allowed to be here, or are we breaking in?" Sirius asked her.

"We are not breaking in," Seraphina rolled her eyes. "And even if we were, where is the Gryffindor in you? The adventurer?"

Sirius grumbled something under his breath before climbing over the fence. Seraphina grinned and led him towards the house. When they reached the front door, she knocked on the door. "Who are we even here to see?" Sirius asked, not liking being kept in the dark. "I don't know anyone from Shere."

"Actually you do," Seraphina said just as the door opened to reveal a woman in her early twenties with hair that was a few shades lighter than Sirius's and kind grey eyes that shifted between the teenagers before landing on Sirius.

"Andy?" Sirius breathed, clearly in shock of seeing his disowned cousin.

"Oh, in Merlin's name. Sirius." A smile broke out on her face and Andromeda Tonks, née Black, pulled Sirius into a tight hug that he after a few seconds returned. Seraphina couldn't help but smile at the scene of the two reuniting after so many years.

"And you must be Seraphina Weasley," Andromeda turned to her with a kind smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Tonks," Seraphina said politely.

"Oh, Andromeda is perfectly fine," Andromeda told her. "I'm only six years older than you too, there is no need to make me feel like I'm sixty. Now, please come in." She led them into the cottage that was really clean and tidy - almost more so than in families who had house elves that cleaned every surface meticulously.

In one of the couches sat a man with fair hair who stood up when they entered, "Sirius, Seraphina, meet my husband. Ted."

"So you are the girl who tracked me down," Ted teased after shaking Sera's hand. "That's some impressive detective skills. Sherlock Holmes would have been impressed."

Seraphina had no idea who Sherlock Holmes was, but luckily she didn't have to respond before Sirius asked, "You tracked them down? How?"

"It was pretty easy," Seraphina shrugged. "My brother is too social for his own good and he doesn't want Molly to find out that he was the one who taught Bill 'bloody hell' so I told him to find anything he could on Andromeda Black or Tonks. He couldn't find anything, so I told him to ask around for a Ted Tonks, which didn't work so well either. But when I told him to look for an Edward, since I didn't know if Ted was a nickname, he finally had a friend who knew a guy who knew where an Edward Tonks lived. Took me less than ten minutes - although it did take Bilius a bit longer."

"Why would you go through all that trouble to track them down?" Sirius asked, looking at her intently. He almost looked - touched.

"Because - I know you have had a rough time lately and while we all want to help you, Andromeda is the only one who truly understands what it's like to go through what you have," Seraphina said, a little embarrassed by the attention she was receiving. "I mean, I may be the black sheep of my family, but it's not really the same."

When she noticed the way Sirius's eyes lit up and realised what she had said, she sighed, "Please don't-"

"The Black Sheeps," Sirius gasped, looking over at his cousin. "We should call ourselves that. A club for all the disowned members of House Black."

"I apologise for him. I think one of the Bludgers on the quidditch field has caused some serious damage to his head," Seraphina said and when Sirius opened his mouth to respond she added, "Don't ask me if I meant 'sirius damage'."

Andromeda laughed, "You two are absolutely adorable together-"

"Oh, we are not together," Seraphina told her. "We are just friends."

"Of course," Andromeda said, although the playful glint in her eyes told Seraphina that she for some reason didn't believe them. "I will put the kettle on and Ted will show you outside. It's such a lovely day."

A loud bang came from upstairs and Seraphina asked, "Do you have a cat?"

"No, that would be our daughter."