CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-ELEVEN

YOU ARE A TERRIBLE LIAR — JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU ARE A TERRIBLE LIAR — JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"I'm positively surprised," Seraphina said as she stood in the middle of Sirius's new apartment. He'd purchased it with some of the money he'd inherited from his Uncle Alphard; apparently the disowned Black had enough money to his name that Sirius could be financially independent for at least a few years out of school without a problem.

"What did you expect?" Sirius asked, leaning against the doorframe leading into his bedroom.

"More of a mess," Seraphina told him honestly. The apartment was located in the outskirts of London and while it definitely couldn't compare to the grandeur of his parents place, it wasn't shabby either. The living room and kitchen were the same room and other than that he had a bedroom and bathroom.

"Give me a little more time," Sirius smirked, striding across the room to wrap his arms around her waist. "Do you hear that?"

Seraphina frowned but couldn't hear anything other than some distant traffic outside. "No?"

"Exactly," Sirius said. "No Peter — No Remus — And most importantly no James to barge in and interrupt us." Then he leaned forward to kiss her.

"Oh, so that's why you invited me here," Seraphina teased. "I should have known you had an ulterior motive," she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Well, you're leaving soon," Sirius said, "so I want to spend as much time with you as I can."

"You're being dramatic," Seraphina told him. "I'll just travel for work — it's not like I'm going to be gone for months. Only for a few days at a time."

Almost three months after starting her training, Seraphina had officially been hired as a Curse-Breaker at Gringotts. She was stationed in London but much like Dumbledore told her, she'd be given assignments all over the world. In the beginning, she'd never go completely alone but in time she'd gain more freedom.

"A few days is too long," Sirius whined, tightening his arms around her waist while burying his face in her neck. "Why do you have to work?"

"Because some of us have to earn our money," Seraphina laughed. "And I won't be leaving until Monday, that is two days away."

"Don't remind me," Sirius grumbled, straightening up again to look down at her. "I've barely seen you since we left school. When you're not at work, you're taking care of your nephews."

Seraphina sighed, knowing there was a point to what Sirius was saying. With him doing work for the Order and her dividing her time between work and the boys, they couldn't spend much time together.