CHAPTER NINTEY-SEVEN

NOT THAT I DON'T ENJOY BULLYING AVERY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

NOT THAT I DON'T ENJOY BULLYING AVERY✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

RULE 11
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE MAGIC IN ANY OTHER CAPACITY THAN SCHOOLWORK AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Socialising with her housemates — or anyone for that matter — had unfortunately never been one of Seraphina's strong suits. As Quidditch Captain she guessed that she could be considered fairly popular and everyone at Hogwarts knew the name Seraphina Weasley.

The day before Quidditch tryouts, Seraphina needed to venture out of her comfort zone that consisted of only ever approaching people she actually knew in order to make sure that the Slytherin team didn't lose their shot at the Quidditch Cup because a possible Keeper didn't even go to tryouts.

Lucinda Talkalot, a Sixth Year Slytherin, was according to Regulus, who had shared classes with the girl for six years, a skilled Keeper whose father played for the Falmouth Falcons. Having a father who played professional Quidditch did not necessarily mean Lucinda knew what a Quaffle was, but if the rumours were true, then Seraphina at least wanted the girl to try out.

Evan Rosier snatched the spot of Slytherin Keeper in his third year and tightly held onto the position until Sera kicked him off the team. A few other boys would audition each year — since Seraphina firmly believed that even the past term's players needed to compete for the spot — only none of them compared to Rosier's skills. If one did, Seraphina definitely would have taken the chance to change Keeper earlier.

Not to mention Seraphina wanted to encourage more girls to join the team. The teams from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor usually consisted of a mixture of girls and boys but when it came to Slytherin female Quidditch players were rare. Seraphina was even the first female Slytherin Captain.

She refused to believe the reason for their lack of female representation on the team was because less Slytherin girls could play the sport. A possible explanation, however, was that many Slytherin students belonged to old wizarding families that still held onto old values about what kind of activities that should be considered proper for a lady. Since many of the Captains also believed in those values, securing a spot on the team could also be an even greater challenge for the few girls that tried.

Seraphina could not force more girls to join the team, nor would she choose a girl over a more skilled boy simply to even out her players, but she could try her best to encourage more girls to at least try out. She was lucky that the Captain when she tried out her second year wasn't a misogynistic arsehole.

"Lucinda," Seraphina called out as said girl stepped into the Slytherin Dungeons just as Sera was on her way out. With her walking two of her friends Sera didn't know the name off. "Hi, we haven't officially met, I'm Sera."