CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-SIXTEEN

BLOODY HELL, I'M GOING TO DIE HERE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

BLOODY HELL, I'M GOING TO DIE HERE✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Christmas passed by in a blur. The new year began and after the holiday rush, Seraphina quickly fell back into her old patterns. When she saw Tom before Christmas he told her that he'd be out of town for a few weeks and would contact her when he returned.

Naturally, Seraphina started every morning with reading the Daily Prophet to see if they reported any killings of muggleborns or muggles. Each missing person she read about and every single killing of some innocent person caused a pit to form in Seraphina's stomach because all of those terrible deeds were done by the very same man she'd spend hours with.

By not trying to kill him at any chance she got, Seraphina felt like it was her fault he continued to spread terror across the wizarding world. At the moment, it did not feel like she was helping anyone. The entire purpose of a spy was to give the Order information but Voldemort had yet to accept her into his ranks. Everything he told her was about her heritage rather than what he planned to do next.

"I feel like I have to tell you that I have not eaten anything since breakfast and I've been working since dawn," Seraphina said as she walked up to Tom waiting at their normal training location, "so I don't think I'll be able to turn into a dragon today."

"Good that I have something else planned then," Tom told her, holding out his arm in a silent invitation for her to take it. When Seraphina didn't move, he clarified, "We are going on a trip today, and unless you intend to walk all the way to Wales."

"Tempting," Seraphina said, always a bit reluctant to put her trust in the Dark Lord — for very obvious and good reasons. "Why Wales?"

"You'll see soon," Tom told her, gaze going between her and his offered arm in another silent invitation to take it.

Albeit reluctantly, Seraphina obeyed his request, hooking her arm with his. Opening her mouth to ask a final question everything went black around her. That terribly uncomfortable familiar feeling of being pressed very hard from all directions silenced her response.

"Bloody hell, I'll never get used to that," Seraphina gasped, putting her hands on her thighs once her feet stood steady. "I hate side-apparition. It's the worst."

"I wouldn't know," Tom told her, unlinking his arm from hers.

"Have you never side-apparated?" Seraphina asked disbelievingly. "Never?" When he simply shook his head in response she said, "Then I think it's only fair we try that on our way back."

Before he had the opportunity to protest, Seraphina registered their surroundings and asked, "Where are we?"

They were standing on a beach judging by the sand beneath her feet and the ocean stretching for miles ahead. But opposite the sea was an entrance to a large cave. Above their heads, a cliff obscured Seraphina's view of the sky which made her wonder how one even found a place like this.