CHAPTER EIGHTY-EIGHT

DON'T YOU HAVE A VICTORY PARTY TO ENJOY?
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

DON'T YOU HAVE A VICTORY PARTY TO ENJOY?✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Disappointment was the most prominent emotion Seraphina felt when Gryffindor won their final match against Ravenclaw, which secured them the Inter-House Quidditch Cup of 1976-1977.

Watching the Gryffindor team huddle up together in the middle of the pitch with James holding the trophy over his head while the red-and-gold supporters cheered loudly while those surrounding her watched with sour faces made her feel somewhat guilty. Like it was her fault Slytherin lost that year. Many certainly thought so. Kicking Evan Rosier off the team – one of the best Keepers at Hogwarts – she had most definitely not increased their chances of yet another victorious year.

Not seeing any reason to stay and watch as the lions continued to celebrate their win, Seraphina stood up and made her way down the stands. Regulus, Pucey and Avery followed close behind her. While Regulus tried to hide his disappointment, Pucey and Avery were both glaring bitterly at the ground as they walked back up towards the castle. None of the boys blamed her, Seraphina knew that, but it didn't make her feel much better at the moment.

Sitting inside the Slytherin Dungeon proved to be suffocating. Instead of a big celebration the mood had turned gloomier than ever before. After a while, Seraphina grew tired of ignoring the not so subtle glances a majority of her housemates threw in her direction.

Winning the Quidditch Cup required teamwork and a victory was always shared amongst the team; however it seemed a loss always needed a scapegoat and who could it be other than the Captain who dropped a valuable player because of a 'little mistake'.

Leaving the dungeons behind, Seraphina intended to get as much space as possible between herself and her housemates – or really between herself and anyone else. Finding herself atop the Astronomy Tower, Seraphina jumped up to sit on top of the metal railing, staring blindly into the air. By the time the sun had disappeared completely, she still sat up there enjoying the peace and quiet.

Too engrossed in the simple act of looking at the lights peeking out from the window's of Hagrid's hut, Seraphina couldn't hear footsteps echo through the tower until the person nearly had reached the top of the staircase. Swinging around, she jumped down on the solid ground again with the intention of hiding should it turn out to be Filch. Only Seraphina didn't get far before the person appeared at the top of the staircase.

"Black?" Seraphina asked, not expecting to see Sirius up there on the night of their great victory. At least not alone. What wouldn't have shocked her the slightest was him dragging a girl up there for a victory shag.

"Sephy, fancy seeing you here," Sirius smiled, sticking his hands into the pockets of his dress pants.

Narrowing her eyes at him, she asked, "Don't you have a victory party to enjoy? I can only imagine the utter chaos that is the Gryffindor Tower at the moment."