CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-THIRTY-SIX

I AM NOT SUGAR COATING IT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I AM NOT SUGAR COATING IT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A year living in the Malfoy Manor and Seraphina had only been required to interact with other Death Eaters other than the Malfoys on a few occasions. Being locked up in a room for six months definitely had something to do with her limited meetings, but Seraphina also got the feeling that Tom tried to shelter her from them. In his game of bringing her over to his side, he clearly tried to separate Tom from Lord Voldemort.

It was clear that very few of the Death Eaters trusted her, even though they'd never dare to question the Dark Lord's decision to have her around. Even Avery and Pucey, seemed more concerned for her safety than anything, found her presence amongst them strange.

A few days following the revelation of the prophecy, Seraphina entered the manor alongside Lyra after a walk out in the gardens with Vulcan and Nemesis — who ended up nearly frightening the white peacocks to death. Her return to the manor was matched perfectly with the arrival of a man she'd been happy to never see again.

"Weasley," Rosier sneered, face twisting into an ugly scowl at the mere sight of her.

"Rosier," Seraphina mocked, not about to let him get under her skin; she'd not give him the satisfaction of knowing how his face was enough to make the hairs at the back of her neck stand.

"I thought Malfoy kept his mutts locked up," Rosier said, gaze raking up and down her body in a very unsubtle manner. Despite Vulcan and Nemesis standing by the girls, it was clear he wasn't referring to them.

"If he did, why are you running around freely?" Lyra asked, watching the blonde man with disgust. The only time the Malfoy siblings truly looked alike — not counting their platinum blonde hair — was when Lyra was forced to spend time with any of Lucius' associates. Her hatred for them rivalled Lucius's hatred for muggleborn and blood-traitors.

Seraphina laughed at her friend's insult. Rosier, however, did not find it particularly amusing. Taking a threatening step towards the girls, "Be careful, Lyra, I'm sure Lucius wouldn't appreciate your vulgarity. No wonder no one other than Black could bear the thought of marrying you."

"Am I supposed to be insulted by that?" Lyra scoffed while Seraphina silently seethed over Rosier using a disgusted tone when saying Reggie's name. "Saying that I'm not your ideal wife is the best compliment you've ever given me. Could you imagine anything worse than being tied to him for life?" the blonde asked.

Seraphina pretended to consider his words, "The Cruciatus Curse comes to mind, but I have a feeling that would be much more endurable."

Rosier took a threatening step towards her. When he reached over to grab her arm, Seraphina smacked his hand away, "Don't touch me."