CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWENTY-THREE

IT'S A TAIL AS OLD AS TIME
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

IT'S A TAIL AS OLD AS TIME✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

James and Lily had a small spring wedding. Due to the heightened tensions of the war around them, only their closest friends and family had been invited to celebrate the happy day. The ceremony was beautiful and one could truly see the love between the bride and groom.

Throughout the ceremony, Seraphina caught Sirius eye on several occasions and each time he'd smile or send her a quick wink. Standing across from her boyfriend in front of a priest made it near impossible for her not to think of the possibility of her own wedding in the future.

Only Seraphina didn't feel the sudden urge to get married — not with everything else going on. Especially not when she'd be leaving in a few hours. It felt impossible to think about a future that felt so unrealistic now.

James and Lily were ready to settle down and have kids together whereas Seraphina soon would be surrounded by Death Eaters. For her, all of it felt like a fantasy rather than reality.

But despite her growing anxiety — and frankly regret over agreeing to this mission in the first place — Seraphina plastered on a bright smile. This was Lily and James's day — a day she wouldn't ruin with her gloomy thoughts.

That morning, Seraphina put on a silk green dress that complimented Lily's eyes perfectly; it had a flattering v-neckline with thin straps. Her bright red hair was styled into a half-up, half-down hairstyle with a lily holding it together. The only piece of jewellery on her person was the silver necklace with a dragon pedant Sirius had given her.

After the ceremony, everyone gathered for a party at the Potter Manor. They are a really tasty three course meal and by the time a majority of the guests were a little tipsy, Sirius tapped his fork against a glass, gaining the guests attention.

With his long hair slicked back, showcasing his handsome features and his tie loosened to give him a dishevelled look — he'd only been allowed to loosen it after the ceremony was over — he had the attention of some of the female guests at all times.

"Deerly beloved friends and family," Sirius began, chuckling at his own joke while his best mates and girlfriend visibly facepalmed, knowing what they were in for.

"It behooves me to deliver this speech to two of the purest harts I know. Two individuals so fawned over each other that it completely bucks the notion of superficial love."

Seraphina bit the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from laughing at the visible confusion at the guests' faces when they watched the best man receive death glares from the groom every time he delivered a pun — that only a minority understood.