CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THIRTEEN

FIRE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS OUT OF THE ELEMENTS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

FIRE IS THE MOST DANGEROUS OUT OF THE ELEMENTS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I can teach you...

Seraphina still couldn't believe that she'd accepted Voldemort's offer to teach her how to use the magical abilities she'd spent years trying to control. His offer was definitely not out of kindness — he probably hoped to gain her trust by helping her — and it was part of the plan for her to accept it. Allow him to think that he could manipulate her.

Yet the mere thought of having to spend time in his presence frightened her to the core. Someone so powerful — and according to Dumbledore cleverer than most — surely would see through her facade. One wrong step, and she'd end up dead.

"Fire is the most dangerous out of the elements," Tom said, circling Seraphina who stood in the middle of woods close to Cadbury Castle. "In its most powerful state it is pure energy."

Seraphina immediately asked, "Why do you want to start with the most dangerous element? Shouldn't we start with water? I can't drown myself by mistake, but I'm pretty sure I could give myself a few nasty burns."

"You're a descendant of the Dragonlords, not the lords of mermaids," Tom deadpanned. "Fire should come naturally to you."

Tom waved his wand and branches flew from the ground to create a target with the silhouette of a human that resembled some kind of scarecrow. Seraphina didn't comment on how creepy it felt to aim for something that clearly symbolised another person.

Seraphina twirled between her fingers as she listened to Tom talking, "I assume you've learned and mastered the most basic form of fire-spells at Hogwarts."

"You mean like Inc-" Seraphina started saying, only for her wand to fly out of her hand and into Tom's .

Tom had her wand...

Voldemort took her wand...

She wasn't delusional enough to think that she could defeat the most feared wizard in Britain even with her wand, but at least it gave her a chance to apparate away if things went south.

"Oi!" Seraphina exclaimed in offence, masking up her inner panic. "I kind of need that."

"Dragon's heartstring, I assume," Tom said, not paying her much attention as he twisted her wand between his fingers, studying it intently. "What sort of wood is it?"

"Blackthorn," Seraphina replied.

"Hm, very unusual," Tom said with an unreadable tone. "A wand suited for a warrior, I believe."

"According to Ollivander," Seraphina nodded. "Is this part of my fire-lesson?"

"No, not really," Tom said, placing the wand in his inner-pocket. Sera's inner panic grew but she managed to keep it from showing. "And anyone can conjure flames using their wand."