CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

JAMES, SIRIUS, THAT IS ENOUGH!
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

JAMES, SIRIUS, THAT IS ENOUGH!✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"There you are!" Marlene shouted when she noticed Seraphina approach them. She waddled through the water that reached up to her knees. "Did the Marauders bore you so easily."

"Between Sirius's whining and James being James, I simply could not stand another second," Seraphina sighed dramatically.

"Come and join us," Lily encouraged her. "The water feels so nice today."

"Nah, I am good," Seraphina shook her head. "I know exactly what swims around in this lake and I'd rather not take any chances."

"Come on, Sera," Marlene pleaded, waddling closer to land. "It will be fun." She then splashed some water up at the red haired girl, soaking the front of her skirt and white dress shirt, since she had left her robes by the boys.

"Mature," Seraphina stated calmly and Marlene didn't even know what hit her when Sera discreetly flicked her wrist, making a wave hit Marlene, and unfortunately also Dorcas in the process, sending both girls tumbling into the water only to resurface seconds later, completely soaked from head to toe. "Don't start a battle you can't win, Marl."

"I will get you for this, Weasley!" Dorcas threatened, sending a glare towards Lily and Alice who were laughing at the newly bathed Gryffindors.

Seraphina smirked and was about to respond when she heard a familiar boy shout something a bit away from them. "All right, Snivellus?" James said loudly.

Realising that James - and probably Sirius too - was about to start a fight she spun around just in time to see Snape react to James approach, dropping his bag quickly and reaching into his robes for his wand.

Only he wasn't quick enough because when Snape's wand was halfway through the air, James shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

Snape's wand flew twelve feet into the air and fell with a little thud in the grass behind him. Sirius let out a bark of laughter. "Impedimenta!" he said, pointing his wand at Snape, who was knocked off his feet, halfway through a dive toward his own fallen wand.

Students all around had turned to watch. Some of them had gotten to their feet and were edging nearer to watch. Some looked apprehensive, others entertained. Seraphina was one of the former. While she wasn't exactly fond of Snape, he did not deserve being attacked for simply existing.

Snape was panting on the ground a bit up the hill while James and Sirius advanced on him, wands up, James glancing over his shoulder at the girls at the water's edge as he went. His eyes met Sera's and she sent him a warning glare that he completely ignored.

"Sera," Lily said, forcing Seraphina to look at her instead of the chaos. All she could see in Lily's eyes was pleading; Sera didn't know if she was pleading for her to stay out of it, or for her to stop things.