CHAPTER NINETY-NINE

YOU AND PRONGS ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO BET AGAIN
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

YOU AND PRONGS ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO BET AGAIN✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

RULE 26
STUDENTS MOST WEAR THEIR HOUSE UNIFORMS AT ALL TIMES WHEN WHILE ON THE HOGWARTS GROUNDS

Did some of her housemates seem to have a problem with Seraphina's relationship with Sirius?

Yes.

Did she care?

Not even a little.

Most of them didn't care, too elated by Slytherin defeating the Gryffindors. Both Seraphina and Sirius had played their best during the game — which everyone with basic knowledge of Quidditch could see — so the people that gave any of them shit about sleeping with the enemy clearly didn't know what they walked about.

The rest of the weekend passed by quickly and soon Seraphina found herself entering the common area, ready to head down for breakfast for another week of school. They were almost halfway through November so all of the teachers seemed to have come to a mutual agreement to overwhelm them with assignments and all they could do was hope it was to lessen the workload for the holidays.

Seraphina managed to time her exit from the Seventh Year Girl's dormitory to just when Avery came through the door leading to the boys' dormitories. What immediately struck her was the exhausted expression on his face.

Not his usual It's-Monday-Morning-And-I-Want-To-Die tiredness that honestly wouldn't have made her bat an eye since she'd seen it every Monday for six years already. No, his normally tidy, light brown hair was tousled and judging by the dark rings under his eyes, he hadn't gotten much sleep.

Upon noticing her, Avery tried to force a smile which honestly unnerved her even more. "Morning, Cap," he greeted her, keeping that fake smile on his face. Considering how grunts, glares and grumbles were the only thing they usually got out of Avery until after breakfast on Mondays, something clearly had to be wrong.

"Morning," Seraphina greeted him. Normally she'd have made a comment similar to 'Sleep well?' or 'Don't you look lively this morning?' but now that felt like kicking on somebody that already was laying down. "Is Pucey down yet?"

"He's on his way," Avery explained. "Told me to go down in the meantime." He began trudging towards the exit with heavy steps and Seraphina followed close behind.

"Are you alright?" she eventually decided to ask.

"It's Monday, of course I'm not alright," Avery deadpanned, avoiding her scrutinising gaze like the plague.

"Alec," Seraphina said, using his first name to emphasise how little she believed him, "you don't look like a Monday-Morning-Inferius – you look worse. Now I won't force you to tell me anything, but take it from the Queen of keeping things to yourself, it sucks and the only one you're punishing is yourself."