CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

STOP WHINING OR I MIGHT PUSH YOU
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

STOP WHINING OR I MIGHT PUSH YOU✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Two weeks had passed since the full-moon-incident and things had unfortunately not gone back to normal. The entire school had noticed the hostility between the Marauders which brought a somber mood to the entire castle.

James and Sirius, who practically had been attached by the hip since the first week of their First Year was not talking to each other. On top of that Remus was also angry at Sirius for revealing his secret to Snape, so Seraphina could only imagine how awkward it was in the Gryffindor Fifth Year Boy's dormitory at the moment.

Seraphina tried to not put her nose were it didn't belong; therefore she stayed out of their business.  The Marauders would figure it out eventually and soon they would be running around the castle causing mischief again.

Or at least that was what she thought two weeks ago. Now she was getting genuinely worried. While she had been pissed at Sirius when she found out what he had done, and she completely understood why Remus was angry at him, Seraphina knew Sirius regretted what he had done.

Whilst regret wasn't good enough to excuse any behaviour, it was clear to Seraphina that Sirius was suffering. He looked absolutely miserable walking around the castle alone, even though he tried to hide it. And James wasn't much better.

Seraphina needed to do something to make those idiots reconcile. She just had to figure out what. To do that she needed some peace and quiet; which ruled out the Common Room and dormitory as well as any other public place in the school.

All except one. There was one place that always was completely empty during the weekend nights. A place that allowed her to get some fresh air and see the sky when thinking: the Astronomy Tower.

This since it is out of bounds with the exception of during classes. However, technically the entire school was forbidden during this time of the night so if she needed some peace and quiet Seraphina would only have to find an empty corridor. But the Astronomy Tower minimised the risk of a prefect finding her.

What she hadn't expected was to find someone else up there already - breaking curfew. Although, when she slowly climbed up the last stairs and got a better view of the person, the fact that he was breaking curfew didn't seem so strange to her anymore.

Sirius stood leaned against the railing and while she could not see his face, Seraphina knew that he had the same blank expression on his face that had been there for the past two weeks.

An air of smoke surrounded him and at first she believed it to be an effect of the cold Scottish night. However, she soon realised that she was sorely mistaken.

"I admit," Seraphina announced her presence, making Sirius flinch and spin around to face her, cigarette still resting between his fingers as he leaned against the railing, "I do not know a lot about those things. But I know they are bad for you."