CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-FIFTEEN

BECAUSE HE IS IN LOVE WITH HIS HAIR
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

BECAUSE HE IS IN LOVE WITH HIS HAIR✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Sirius Black could not claim to be good with children because frankly he'd never spent much time around them. With only one little brother, who was but a year younger than himself, Sirius had no experience in taking care of a child. Especially not compared to his girlfriend who'd been raised alongside her nephews since she started Hogwarts.

In the past months, Sirius felt like he rarely saw Seraphina who spent long hours at work and in between that and sleeping she divided her time between him and her family. Therefore, Sirius jumped at the opportunity to spend a little extra time with her even if it involved bringing her oldest nephews to a Christmas market in Diagon Alley.

Apparently Molly and Arthur needed some time alone to clean the house and Seraphina had offered to take the oldest boys off their hands for a few hours. Since Fabian and Gideon were away — which unofficially meant that they were on a mission for the Order — Seraphina proposed the idea of Sirius accompanying them.

Having seen and exchanged a few words with the Weasleys at King's Cross didn't exactly compare to the nerves of coming face to face with his girlfriend's family when he arrived to pick her up along with the young lads.

Arthur Weasley was pretty much what he'd expected from Seraphina's stories of her family; a kind hearted man with a clear sense of humour. He'd half expected Seraphina's older brother to threaten him not to hurt her — like James had on several occasions — but Arthur simply welcomed him inside their home.

Molly Weasley was pretty much the opposite of her younger brothers; it quickly became clear who was the boss in the Weasley's marriage. But while Molly appeared stricter than her husband, she also had a very warm and welcoming motherly air that reminded him of Mia.

"Aunt Sera, look!" Bill, the oldest of Seraphina's nephews, started dragging her towards a stall where they sold candied apples. Charlie ran close behind them while Sera carried Percy on her hip. "I want one — pleaaaaase!"

"Me too," Charlie jumped excitedly, making Sirius chuckle in amusement.

"Don't you two remember what your mum said?" Seraphina asked, looking between her nephews. "No sweets before dinner tonight."

"Pleaaaaaase, Sera," Bill said, looking up at his aunt with his best puppy eyes.

"Mum doesn't need to know," Charlie added, matching his older brother's expression. "We won't tell her."

"Do you see what I have to live with?" Seraphina looked over at Sirius for help. "They are ganging up against me."

"Please, please, please!" Bill and Charlie repeated in choir and Sirius was impressed by how long Sera lasted with so much cuteness directed towards her at once.

But as expected she eventually caved, "Okay — but you'll have to share one," she told her nephews. Looking at Percy, she asked the young boy, "Can you keep this a secret from mummy?"

Percy offered a shy nod. Seraphina kissed his nose, making the young boy giggle. It amazed him how natural she was around children. Sirius sometimes wondered if there was anything his girlfriend didn't excel in.

"Do you want one too?" Seraphina asked him.

"Yes, I'll pay," Sirius offered, reaching into his pocket for some coins.

"It's okay, I'll pay," Seraphina assured him while doing the same.

"I insist," Sirius told her. He had enough money to live comfortably for years without working, so he really didn't mind spending some on his girlfriend.

"I do too," Seraphina said stubbornly.

"Can one of you just pay?" Charlie asked impatiently.

"Three candied apples, please," Seraphina asked the elderly witch politely. But before she had the opportunity to pay, Sirius dropped a few sickles in the witch's hand.

"Keep the change," Sirius smiled charmingly, sending his girlfriend a wink. While she didn't look entirely pleased, Seraphina refrained from saying anything. A minute later, the five were once more walking through the market.

Bill and Charlie were taking turns taking a bite of their candied apple while Seraphina shared hers with Percy. "Charlie, there is no use of wearing a hat if it doesn't cover your ears," Seraphina gently adjusted the knitted material to cover his reddening ears.

"I don't want to wear it," Charlie pouted in displeasure. "It's itchy."

"Too bad because it's cold and I don't want you to get sick," Seraphina retorted, swatting his mitten covered hands away when Charlie tried to take it off.

"He doesn't have to wear it," Charlie complained, pointing over Sirius, who froze in the middle of taking a bite of his apple when he felt his girlfriend send him a glare.

"Because he's in love with his hair," Seraphina snorted.

"You're in love with your hair?" Charlie asked, visibly confused by her statement.

"Aren't you in love with Sera?" Bill added, watching him sceptically.

"Your aunt is exaggerating," Sirius said, running a hand through his lustrous black hair. "But I love her very much and therefore I will excuse her for it."

Rolling her eyes at him, Seraphina said, "Let's sit down — I'm not trusting any of you boys to have the ability to chew and walk at the same time without choking."

They stopped by an empty bench a bit away from the stalls where witches and wizards, both old and young, were admiring the Christmas decorations while tasting the delicious sweets and warm drinks being sold.

Seraphina placed Percy down on the bench too in between his brothers. She stretched out her arm that ached from having carried the young boy non stop for an hour.

"I'm going to pay for their sugar-rush later," Seraphina said, "but it will be worth it."

"They really love you," Sirius said, having witnessed the way her nephews acted around Sera. How they fought for her attention and watched her with admiration. In a way, it reminded him of how Regulus looked at him when they were younger.

"What's not to love?" Seraphina said, sending him a quick smirk.

"Good point," Sirius matched her smirk and that's when he saw something above them. "Would you look at that."

Seraphina followed his gaze to the mistletoe hanging above them, "There are children present," she reminded him.

"They'll understand when they're older," Sirius wrapped one arm around her waist and leaned down to kiss her quickly. He kept it chaste, still mindful of the young eyes.

"Yuck," Bill and Charlie said at the same time. The couple glanced over in their direction to find nearly identical disgusted frowns directed towards them. Sharing a quick glance, both of them burst out laughing.

"I'll remember that when you two are old and bring home your first girlfriends," Seraphina teased her nephews.

"I don't want a girlfriend," Charlie protested. "I want a dragon!"

"I have both in one," Sirius decided to torture the boys a little more by kissing the side of Seraphina's head. In response she elbowed him playfully.

"Be careful or you'll have neither."