CHAPTER NINETY-FIVE

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS BRIEFLY ATTRACTED TO VOLDEMORT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS BRIEFLY ATTRACTED TO VOLDEMORT✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Lord Voldemort...

"You're telling me that this," she held up the photo album and pointed at the handsome young man on the page, "and the man I spoke with in a bookstore is the Dark Lord?"

"Indeed, Miss, Weasley," Dumbledore nodded, seemingly deep in thought as he studied her. "What exactly did he talk to you about?"

"Not killing muggles and muggleborns, that's for sure," Seraphina exclaimed, panicking now when she realised what a danger she had been in; clearly her instincts had been correct. "I was reading this old book about the Dragonlords and he came up behind me and told me it was written in an extinct language. I didn't even notice, I thought it was in English. He asked if I was interested in the dragonlords. Then he introduced himself as Tom and asked which house I was in."

Seraphina looked down at the picture again and shuddered in pure horror, "I can't believe I was briefly attracted to Voldemort."

Over the years, Seraphina developed several coping mechanisms for panic and one of them happened to be rambling without a stop, "Not the Voldemort I met, this one in the photo. Though the Tom I talked to was by no means ugly, you could see that he had been handsome once upon a time. But he was older and honestly too pale for it to be healthy. Supposedly it's good that he doesn't look like a model anymore because there would be an increase in female Death Eaters-"

"Miss. Weasley," Dumbledore interrupted her calmly. "Are you done with your evaluation of Tom Riddle's physical appearance?" Despite clearly being rattled by her meeting with the Dark Lord, the old wizard found some humour in her reaction.

"Yes, I think so," Seraphina nodded. Taking a deep breath, she collected her thoughts and asked, "Why did he talk to me?"

"Long before he became Lord Voldemort, I knew Tom during his time here at Hogwarts," Dumbledore told her, sinking back down into his chair. "Since he was a young boy, Tom showed a very high level of intelligence and I can't imagine him being in the basement at Flourish and Blotts to be a coincidence. Why were you in the basement?"

"Mr. Bennett told me they had some new books that would interest me," Seraphina explained. Recalling how she noticed that Mr. Bennett acted strangely that day. "But he acted weird."

"Hmm," Dumbledore stroked his beard thoughtfully. "That is most definitely not a coincidence."

"You told me Voldemort killed my mother after he realised who she was," Seraphina said. "He wouldn't have come up to me to talk about the dragonlords unless he knows who I am. So what happens now and how did he figure out who I am?"