Chapter 1: The Siberian Wolf

In Siberia in March, the cold wind is howling, and the exhaled breath can almost freeze quickly. The ice covered by the snow is thick enough to withstand animals running on it.

A snow rabbit got its head out of the snowdrift. It seemed to be hungry and was trying to find food. The snow-white fur was a natural protective color, which could interfere with the visual judgment of predators.

There is a small tuft of grass not far away, just under a rock, and it looks very appetizing. The snow rabbit did not rush forward, but sniffed at the spot, rubbed its furry rabbit face with its small paws, and then stepped forward cautiously to make sure that there were no predators.

But what it didn't expect was that a cunning canine was hiding behind the rocks.

Just when the snow rabbit was eating, a shadow suddenly appeared above its head, before it even had time to react, it was bitten and rolled several times.

This canine animal is black and white, looks like a wolf, and has wisdom in its blue eyes. It is Qi Chu who has just been a husky for three days.

He bit the snow rabbit and didn't let go. Seeing that the rabbit in his mouth hadn't moved, he let go, and pushed the hare twice with his nose, sniffed it, as if he didn't expect the rabbit to die so easily.

But before Qi Chu could finish sniffing, the hare, who was already lying on the ground kicking its legs, suddenly kicked with its hind legs, and then fled quickly. This kick landed on Qi Chu's nose, and he groaned in pain.

When Qi Chu was about to endure the pain and continue chasing the rabbit, he heard a cry of an eagle, and the rabbit that feigned death was directly flapped by the sky overlord in front of Qi Chu, and took it to the sky.

Qi Chu who has been hungry for three days: ...

The prey was gone, and the vast snowfield, he looked around, there was nothing, it was barren.

*

Qi Chu, who was a high-achieving student who graduated from the Law Department of University A three days ago, is now a husky who has difficulty in surviving and is living in the snow field.

As long as he became a wolf or a pet dog, he would not be so desperate, but he "took the dross and discarded the essence" and became a wild husky wandering in the snowfield.

In the past three days, he tried many ways to go back, such as looking for traces of humans, but in such a snowy field, let alone humans, even a ghost would starve to death here.

So he began to look for a way to die, maybe he could return to his original body after death, so he stood on the hillside and tried to throw himself to death, but there was a young black brown bear under the hillside, fortunately he ran fast, otherwise he would be buried in the bear's belly.

He tried to kill himself again, but when he reached the edge of the tree, he stopped urgently, mainly because he didn't have the courage to hit the tree.

So he made up his mind to freeze himself to death... Then he discovered that the thick bottom of the ice layer in the vast snow field, not to mention him, even with a hammer, he couldn't cut through the ice surface.

After trying all kinds of death-suicide methods and failing, Qi Chu could only accept his fate and live a wild life as a husky.

"Who is so wicked, throwing a pet husky here." While tossing, Qi Chu found that there was still a sign hanging around his neck, but he couldn't take it off, and naturally he couldn't see what was written on the sign. Generally, the listed signs are pets, and there is a high probability that they were lost or abandoned.

Qi Chu thought for a while, then sighed again: "But if we can get it here... it must be airdropped, right?"

He didn't know how this original husky got here, but he knew that if he didn't hunt anymore, he would starve to death. Huskies are sled dogs themselves, so they are not afraid of the cold. This is the most gratifying thing for Qi Chu, otherwise, he felt that he couldn't stay in this weather for a minute.

At that time, he still swears, isn't it just hunting? After all, his ancestors are Siberian wolves, so can he still be starved to death?

But now, he was half-starved because of the loss of a snow rabbit, so he lay down on the snow in a decadent state. His spirit was a lot weaker, his big furry tail swiped every now and then, and he licked his chapped paws in frustration from time to time.

The ancestors were Siberian wolves at any rate, how could they pull so hard?

"Wow——" Qi Chu raised his head and roared, venting the depression in his heart.

As a descendant of Siberian wolves, Qi Chu's howl was very similar to howling wolves, but it was a bit unpleasant intermittently. This novice husky was swallowed by the wind and snow, coughed for a while, and finally shook off the snow on his body, and walked towards the depths of the woods with his tail drooping.

"What is more painful than death?" Qi Chu sighed deeply, and said with melancholy eyes: "I didn't even make a ghost, so I fell into the way of a beast."

Wolves are pack animals, and huskies should be able to adapt to pack life, but Qi Chu doesn't think there will be a group of huskies in this ghost place.

What Qi Chu didn't know was that not long after he left here, a strong gray wolf smelled the smell, sniffed the place where he was lying on the ground just now, tilted his head in some doubts, and then raised his head tentatively and let out a "owwow——"

In the nearby woods, wolves appeared one after another.

"What was that sound just now?" A Siberian wolf asked in a low voice.

"I don't know." After the wolf next to him hesitated, he hesitated and said: "It looks like a howling wolf, is it the same kind?"

"It's not like, which pack of wolves can howl such an ugly sound." The wolf who spoke before looked around vigilantly, and said, "Anyway, be careful, this sound doesn't sound like a normal wolf howl..."

The wolf paused, and said seriously, "It's like screaming."