Chapter 49

Qi Chu never thought that there was a lynx behind him, let alone a Siberian wolf. He froze for a moment, and his eyes fell on the lynx under Huo Bei's paw.

Nature is cruel, as long as you fail once, you will die.

"Cub?" Qi Chu looked at the lynx. The lynx had black spots on its fur, and it looked fluffy as a whole, but now this layer of fluff was stuck with blood, making it look miserable.

"Generally the male lynx comes out to hunt, and the female lynx takes care of the cubs in the den." Huo Bei let go of his paws, and his face showed a cold expression: "Now that the female lynx comes out, it means that the male lynx is dead or gone. Even if you don't kill their cubs, the cubs cannot survive in such an environment, and sooner or later they will become food for other predators."

neat and smart:......

He lowered his head and sniffed, then raised his head and said, "It's not that I won't go, the main reason is... I really can't find where its cub is."

Although the husky's sense of smell is also very developed, it is inferior to that of wolves. More importantly, this female lynx can come to find wolves alone, and she has already placed her cub in a place that she feels safe.

Huo Bei choked for a moment, stared at Qi Chu's nose for a long time, then sighed inaudibly, turned around and walked towards the bushes, without looking back: "Come with me."

It didn't dare to let Qi Chu look for the lynx cub alone, if it got lost, it would have to keep looking.

Qi Chu obediently followed behind Huo Bei. When he walked past this lynx, he suddenly remembered that when he met Huo Bei before, he met a lynx, but later that lynx was stoned to death.

Strictly speaking, he was killed by Huo Bei and him.

Wolves hold grudges, and lynxes hold grudges. Some predators in the natural world don't hold grudges, but now the lynx is dead and the wolf is still alive.

In the woods where the ice and snow had just melted, the bushes had already turned a little green, but the snow on the ground had not yet melted. One wolf and one dog walked towards the depths of the bushes one after the other. The Siberian wolf walking in front stopped from time to time and lowered its head to sniff. It was not going to let the little lynx go.

"Have you been following me all this time?" The slightly serious and dull atmosphere made Qi Chu feel uneasy. He flicked his tail and tried to get close to Huo Bei, but Huo Bei refused to let him approach. Qi Chu could only droop his tail aggrievedly: "Why are you angry?"

"..." Huo Bei lowered his head and sniffed the scent. When he heard the words, he turned his head and looked at Qichu, and said in a cold voice, "Aren't you very happy living with Galle recently, and want to sleep with me?"

"Huh?" Qi Chu thought carefully about his words. From the beginning to the end, he didn't seem to have said that he wanted to sleep with Huo Bei. He didn't know where Huo Bei came to his conclusion, but his survival instinct told him that it was best not to say these words, otherwise he would easily kill himself or piss off the Siberian wolf in front of him.

"Why don't you talk?" Huo Bei's wolf eyes half-closed dangerously, with a hint of unkindness, it said: "Am I not right?"

"That's right." Qi Chu nodded quickly, but he soon realized that this sentence annoyed Huo Bei even more. The Siberian wolf got angry and turned away without even saying a word to Qi Chu.

"It's really difficult." Qi Chu murmured in a low voice, feeling more and more that Huo Bei was moody and it was too difficult to deal with.

"Are we the only ones looking for the lynx cub? Where's Gera?" Qi Chu realized that he hadn't seen Gera. He immediately became worried and asked, "Did we lose Gera?"