Chapter 26: Two Tufts of Dog Hair

Wolves have thicker tail hairs, and they are usually more willing to hang their tails behind them. When they are in danger and their bodies are tense, their tails will be stretched straight, but huskies have fluffy and soft tails. Although they also like to hang their tails behind them, they will start to shake when they encounter happy things.

When it feels fear, it will clamp its tail and try to escape.

Qi Chu looked at the thick and stiff tail sandwiched between himself and Huo Bei, and felt that the touch was very familiar. Thinking about it carefully, it seemed to be something he had misunderstood before.

"Tail..." Qi Chu was a little stunned, thinking of his previous misunderstanding, he suddenly felt that his thoughts were yellow.

"Hmm." It was just a normal movement at first, but Qi Chu stared straight at Huo Bei's tail like this, Huo Bei subconsciously moved away a little again, dissatisfied: "What are you looking at?"

Huo Bei's tail was very thick, blocking between them, and occasionally moved slightly uncontrollably, Qi Chu looked away, and said in a muffled voice, "I'm looking at you."

No matter how many words Huo Bei had, he choked back after encountering these three words.

"If you want to see it, look at it openly." Huo Bei closed his eyes for a short rest, without raising his head, he said, "I won't eat you."

Wolves don't eat their own kind.

Qi Chu sighed. Even with Huo Bei's words, he couldn't feel at ease. Although wolves don't eat their own kind, wolves eat dogs. As a husky, Qi Chu conscientiously covered his vest, fearing that his identity would be exposed in the wolf's den.

The wolves were tired all day, and they rested in different places, but the distance between them was not far from each other. The night wind was chilly, but it was nothing to these top predators who lived in Siberia all year round.

Qi Chu was covered in thick fur that belonged to sled dogs to keep him warm. He licked his paws from time to time, closed his eyes in anxiety, and fell into a dream.

He didn't wake up until he heard the howling of wolves the next day, and subconsciously raised his head to look in the direction of Huo Bei. Huo Bei got up early, and he didn't set his eyes on Qi Chu, but said: "I smell the smell of brown bears around here, so I guess it's around here."

"Is it the one from last time?" Sawyer asked.

"Well, it should be." Huo Bei, who killed the brown bear cub, glanced at Sawyer. There was no pity in its wolf eyes, but he said with some impatience: "Be careful, if it comes, let it become our prey."

Even as strong as a brown bear, it cannot resist the attack of wolves.

A wolf must back down when it encounters a brown bear, but when facing a pack of wolves, it is the brown bear that should back down.

Hearing this, Qi Chu seemed to mean that he was about to fight. His two furry ears stood up, he tilted his head slightly, looked at Huo Bei and said, "What should I do?"

"Why don't you let Qi Chu follow me and surround the brown bear together." Sawyer said.

"It's not strong enough." Huo Bei said, "It will only hold you back."

"Then follow Gera to pull the line of defense." Sawyer continued to suggest: "This does not require too much strength."

"Its vigilance and sensitivity are far worse than Gera's." Huo Bei continued.

"Then we can only follow Galle and Gano, but this is also good, we can observe how to lure brown bears into the encirclement." There are so many divisions of labor in the wolf pack, Sawyer thought carefully, and this is the last choice.

Unexpectedly, Huo Bei still refused, and it said: "It's too dangerous to lure a brown bear into a trap, and the reaction speed needs to be fast, Qi Chu can't do it."

"..." Seeing this, Sawyer looked helplessly at Huo Beidao: "Then there is no other arrangement. Herro and I are in charge of the containment, Galle and Gano are in charge of luring, and Gera is in charge of the initial defense..."

Sawyer paused for a moment before continuing: "Boss, do you mean that Qi Chu doesn't need to participate in hunting?"

"No." Huo Bei stuck out his tongue and licked his fangs, and it said, "Qi Chu is by my side and is in charge of attacking."

Such an arrangement seemed to be even more dangerous. Thinking about the reasons Huo Bei gave when he rejected Sawyer's proposal, Sawyer suddenly had the illusion that he was being perfunctory.

"Come here." Huo Bei said to Qi Chu who was still about to find Galle: "Where are you going?"

Qi Chu spun around on the spot, followed Huo Bei obediently, half-prostrated very obediently, and even wagged his tail to show his friendliness.

It's just that the tail that just shook twice was stepped on by Huo Bei's paw. It didn't use much force, but Qi Chu's tail couldn't continue to shake, and Qi Chu looked at Huo Bei puzzled.

Huo Bei was still arranging tactics, with an extremely serious expression, but his paws were pressing on Qi Chu's tail. Judging from his appearance, there was no intention of "deliberately".

Qi Chu obediently lay at Huo Bei's feet, and tried several times to free his tail from Huo Bei's claws, but it didn't work at all. After Huo Bei made all the arrangements and the tail was finally rescued, the tail hair was crushed a bit flat, leaving two tufts of dog hair on the snow-white ground.

"You're shedding hair again." Huo Bei was sure that he didn't use much force, and it finally began to pay attention to the problem of hair loss.

The author has something to say:

Qi Chu: Oh, hair shedding season

Huo Bei: I have never seen a wolf that loves to shed hair so much