Chapter 6: Four Paws

It has been three days since he became a husky, and Qi Chu has never slept so comfortably like last night. Although huskies are not afraid of the cold, it doesn't mean they don't like warm places. Last night, he felt as if he was holding a heater by his side, which was extremely comfortable.

But when he woke up, it felt like a dream, with nothing beside him.

"Wow--" Qi Chu raised his head and yelled. When he tried to get up and look for Huo Bei, he saw Huo Bei coming back with a prey at the corner. The other party sighed deeply in front of Qi Chu.

"Your leg is injured, it's best not to move it anymore. The meat from yesterday is still edible. The temperature is so low that the quality of the meat won't spoil." When Qi Chu walked up to Huo Bei, he found that it was holding a fluffy rabbit in its mouth, but the rabbit was obviously dead, with its ears drooping down, and its whole body was very soft. It could be seen that it had just died, and the blood was still fresh.

"Eat yesterday's venison?" Huo Bei threw the dead rabbit under Qi Chu's paws, and it stretched out its tongue to lick the remaining blood on its face: "Can you chew it? Eat this, rabbit meat is easier to bite than venison."

Qi Chu didn't expect that this wild wolf went out early in the morning to catch rabbits for himself. This realization moved him to tears, and then he looked at Huo Bei eagerly and said, "The wolf eats first."

One of his special skills in high school was that he would never make the same mistake twice.

At that time it was to win the college entrance examination, but now it is to save my life.

Huo Bei looked at this thin and emaciated but surprisingly handsome fellow in front of him, his eyes flicked slightly over the opponent's body, but just this made the vigilant Qi Chu feel that his hairs were going to stand on end, his tail was the first to feel his fear, the tail frizzed, and hung behind him, the tip of the tail hooked up, clinging to his hind legs.

"Let me eat?" Huo Bei withdrew his gaze. It held the rabbit with one paw, and lowered its head to tear open one of the rabbit's legs with its fangs. When it was about to tear it off, it raised its head and met Qi Chu's expectant eyes. Its paws froze immediately, and it lowered its eyes to look at the hare under its paws. In the end, it just randomly hooked some meat with its fangs, and threw the rest of the rabbit in front of Qi Chu: "From today on, I will catch rabbits by myself, do you hear me?"

"Okay." There was something to eat when he opened his eyes, Qi Chu pricked up his ears very happily, pressed back slightly, and swept his tail happily from side to side. The snow that just fell on the ground this morning was still a little fluffy, and he swept it out of two small snowdrifts abruptly.

After Huo Bei took a look, he went straight to the leftover moose meat from yesterday. His sharp fangs tore apart the frozen moose meat effortlessly. The terrifying bite force made Qi Chu envious.

Although a rabbit couldn't fill Qi Chu's stomach, it was enough to satisfy his hunger. He licked the blood on his paws, gnawed two mouthfuls of snow after eating, stuffed the whole dog's head into the snowdrift, and rubbed it hard to wipe off the remaining blood on his face.

The husky sat down on the ground after eating and drinking, raised his paws and scratched his face.

Huo Bei watched Qi Chu toss and turn. He leaned against the tree with his eyes half closed, his left hind leg slightly bent, the blood from the wound had dried up, but he still couldn't run fast.

It was indeed a little sleepy. Last night there was a restless wolf who would rub its belly against it in the middle of the night. If it hadn't been for waking up quickly, it would have almost bit through the belly of this restless wolf.