Chapter 5: Provocation

This should be the first time in Qi Chu's life to watch wild wolves hunting at close range. It feels a little exciting, but this wolf is obviously not going to let him watch.

"What are you doing next to the tree?" Huo Bei turned his head and found that Qi Chu who was following him was gone. He looked along the crawl marks, and could only see the tips of his ears protruding. Qi Chu was hiding behind the tree, looking like he was waiting for his prey to hit him to death.

"Study." After Qi Chu realized that Huo Bei was talking to himself, he carefully observed his surroundings, and after making sure that he did not disturb the prey, he revealed half of his head and said, "I'm learning hunting skills."

What Huo Bei chose was a reindeer that was grazing with its head down. This reindeer had already grown up, but it seemed to have escaped from the herd. There were no other reindeer beside it. It occasionally shook its horns on the top of its head, stopped for a moment to look around, and continued to lower its head to eat after it found no movement of predators.

Qi Chu is well aware of his own strength, instead of causing trouble at the side, it is better to observe carefully and learn from close quarters, so that he will be able to hunt by himself in the future.

But obviously Huo Bei didn't think so, it showed its fangs faintly, threatening: "Get over here."

It had blood on its face, and because of the injury, its fur was a little messy. The whole wolf looked like a desperado. If it was placed in the human world, it would have to go to the Public Security Bureau for a record.

"What can I do?" Qi Chu shrugged and pulled his tail, and sneaked up along the crawl marks before, and whispered: "I'm not very good at hunting. I chased the hare before, and I almost caught it, but I was caught by a bird halfway."

"How did you grow up so big?" Huo Bei asked.

"Do... work." Qi Chu was also a little uncertain. After all, some huskies were pet dogs that were fed by people, some were stray dogs that lived off trash cans, and some were working hard, pulling sleds, and belonged to working dogs. According to the brand worn on their necks, they were more likely to be pet dogs, but Qi Chu looked at his severely worn, chapped and bleeding paws, and was a little unsure.

He hesitated and added: "Do hard work?"

Huo Bei lay on the spot, raised its paws and pressed Qi Chu's head, sighed deeply: "Don't move your ears, if you move again, you will be discovered."

This can't be blamed on Qi Chu. The ears and tails of dogs are not very controlled. They are very sensitive to some words and emotions, and their bodies respond naturally. However, the ears of wolves are almost motionless.

The reindeer lowered its head to eat grass. Originally, Huo Bei planned to wait for a while to hunt, but who knew that a flying bird flew by and startled the grazing reindeer. It suddenly raised its head and saw a wolf staring at itself. After the reindeer was frightened, it was about to run away immediately. Unexpectedly, the wolf reacted faster, almost directly passing through the snowdrifts, ran to this side, opened its fangs and bit the reindeer's neck very precisely.

The reindeer kicked on the ground with painful limbs, and Qi Chu hurried over to help when he saw this. He spread his fangs and bit the reindeer like Huo Bei, but was kicked directly on the stomach by the other party's hoof. He groaned in pain, but he didn't let go.

Huo Bei also wanted a quick fight, and it immediately suppressed the reindeer. The Siberian wolf's sharp fangs pierced the reindeer's neck, tearing it apart with blood and flesh.

Without even batting an eye, the Siberian wolf tore at the reindeer in front of him even more fiercely until the reindeer collapsed to the ground, twitching all over and making no sound.