Chapter 45

Qi Chu's training volume is not low in the past, because Qi Chu is really energetic, and once he has excess energy, he will start to tear down the den. In order to prevent the wolf den from being destroyed in Qi Chu's claws, Huo Bei can only sneak him to consume his energy.

Qi Chu was also very happy to be slipped away, as long as he could be outside, he would be extremely happy.

Since he plucked a snowy owl, he found that the number of snowy owls he encountered was much less. In the past, he would meet one in a day or two. This time, he didn't see the snowy owl for several days. Later, he found out that the snowy owl fluttered its wings as if frightened, and disappeared from Qi Chu's sight, as if it was going to run for its life.

"What does it mean?" Qi Chu raised his head, looked at the snowy owl flying away in front of him, and asked, "Is it avoiding me?"

"Probably the plucked snowy owl has returned to the group. By the way, let me tell you about you." Huo Bei was leading Qi Chu to patrol the territory, and he didn't even look up at the snowy owl. At the moment the snowy owl flapped its wings, Huo Bei's ears moved slightly, listening to all the movements, and continued: "So the other snowy owls have shadows on you."

Qi Chu felt that what Huo Bei said made sense, after all, no bird wanted to be a bald bird.

When Huo Bei led Qichu to patrol the territory, he often liked to walk in front, but when he was with Galle and the others, he usually walked in the back. Qichu never cared about the details, and was easily attracted by other noises in the woods. He often stopped and stretched his head, trying to take a look.

"It's a good thing you didn't patrol the territory with Galle." When Huo Bei turned his head, he found Qichu standing not far away, as if staring at a certain place, and sighed: "Otherwise, depending on your character that you like to join in the fun, you can't finish patrolling this territory in a day and a night."

Huo Bei often only took Qi Chu to inspect the lakeside and nearby forests, keeping a close eye on several hunting spots to prevent being targeted by other predators.

In a sense, wolves are more territorial than other predators. They are more vigilant, and a little trouble is enough to attract their attention.

It is by no means an easy task to sneak up on wolves, but now there is a lynx trying to do such a thing.

As one of the top predators in Siberia, lynx competes with wolves. This lynx is a female lynx, which is obviously pregnant. The gestation period of a lynx is two months. Generally speaking, after a female lynx is pregnant, the male lynx will go out to hunt. But this female lynx looks tense and even has wounds on her body. She hibernates in the bushes, staring at the wolves in front of her.

Sawyer was resting on his stomach, but it seemed to have discovered something, and suddenly raised his head to look around, and after a while, he raised his head and let out a wolf howl.

The lynx looked at the wolves quietly, then turned around and walked towards the woods after a while, its movements were very light, for fear of disturbing the wolves.

When Huo Bei came back, it sniffed the surrounding air, then slowly walked into a bush, its eyes fell on the paw prints in the snow, and after sniffing, it turned its head and said, "Lynx."

Sawyer licked his paw and said, "I found it, but it didn't move, and neither did I."

"Hmm." Even Huo Bei couldn't tell that this was a pregnant female lynx just from the residual breath, but lynx and wolves were also natural enemies, and when they appeared here, the wolves had to be vigilant. If the wolves encountered a lynx cub, they would kill each other without hesitation, and the same was true for a lynx when it encountered a wolf cub.