Chapter 31: Playing Dead

The brown bear was injured in many places, and left a lot of bloodstains on the ground when it ran for its life. The wolves could follow these bloodstains to keep tracking the brown bear, even dragging it to death.

"Don't bite your prey's ears next time, their claws may hurt you at any time." Huo Bei stuck out his tongue, licked his fangs, and kept a close distance from Qi Chu.

Qi Chu turned his head and tilted his head, as if he was listening to Huo Bei seriously.

"Hurry up." Huo Bei urged calmly.

Qi Chu felt that the sight of the Siberian wolf behind him was so existential that he could hardly ignore it, so he had to trot forward with his tail between his legs, taking small steps towards the direction where the bloodstains extended.

Huo Bei followed Qi Chu unhurriedly, walking almost silently.

But Qi Chu knew that it had been following behind him.

The brown bear was blind in one eye and injured in the other eye, and almost fled into the forest in a hurry. The tall tree trunks caused it a lot of difficulty, and it bumped into it several times in a panic.

The wolves are actually not far away, and they are not prepared to give up this huge prey, which will be their food for the next few days.

"I'll hold it back, you attack." Sawyer saw that the brown bear's steps had begun to become heavy. It hid among the low bushes, hiding its figure well: "We must not let it run anymore."

"Okay." Herro on the side responded.

When Qi Chu walked into the forest, he heard the roar of the brown bear. He paused subconsciously, and then felt a gust of wind passing by, and then he could only see the back of Huo Bei rushing into the forest. This Siberian wolf was very fast, and he only said: "Follow the paw prints!"

Immediately afterwards, Huo Bei's figure disappeared into the white snow.

Qi Chu sighed deeply, he raised his paws, and trotted forward on the snow with difficulty, following Huo Bei's paw prints, the series of paw prints he left overlapped with Huo Bei's, making them appear much smaller.

When he was close to Huo Bei and the others, he smelled a strong smell of blood. The husky's keen sense of smell made his face change slightly, and he took a few steps forward to realize that the smell of blood came from the brown bear. This scarred brown bear was already lying on the ground with a big hole in its neck, bleeding out.

Sawyer took a close sniff, turned his head and said, "I'm not breathing anymore."

"Well, be careful, they will play dead." Brown bears will also play dead. To be precise, these wild animals can survive in such a harsh living environment in the wild and under the cruel food chain.

It also tried to create wounds on the brown bear, trying to determine whether the bear in front of it was pretending to be dead, but no matter how the wolves used their fangs and claws to deal with it, the brown bear did not move at all, as if it was dead.

But Huo Bei always felt uneasy, and the wolf was suspicious. It walked over from the tree trunk, its eyes fell on the brown bear's eyes, and then turned away to the brown bear's neck, revealing its sharp fangs.

"What are you doing?" Just when Huo Bei was about to speak, he saw Qi Chu coming over with his tail wagging slightly, and stopped in front of the brown bear.

"Try it and you'll know." Qi Chu said.

There was a hint of surprise in Huo Bei's wolf eyes. It took a deep look at Qi Chu, thinking that Qi Chu was thinking the same thing as it wanted to bite the brown bear's neck or eyes, but it didn't want Qi Chu to turn around in front of it, and pointed his tail at the tip of the brown bear's nose.

"Huh?" Although Huo Bei didn't understand, he didn't stop him. He just stared at the brown bear to prevent him from getting violent suddenly.

Qi Chu shook his tail slightly, the fluffy tail hair swayed slightly, and the hair on the tip of the tail swept from the brown bear's nose. At first, the brown bear didn't make any movement. When Huo Bei was about to let Qi Chu get out of the way, his eyes suddenly caught the brown bear's claws hooking hard, as if he was holding back something.

Finally, the brown bear sneezed unbearably.

It moved, pretending to be dead, and couldn't hide it anymore. In an instant, several wolves that were ready to go rushed towards it, biting its neck suddenly, and the brown bear was thrown to the ground, roaring.

Qi Chu had already crawled out from the wild attack of the wolves. He flicked his tail and subconsciously turned his head to look at Huo Bei, as if he was about to claim credit, but Huo Bei just gave him a deep look and said nothing.

But this husky doesn't remember anything, and after eating brown bear meat, he turned around and forgot what he wanted to ask for praise.

When lying next to Huo Bei with his tail wagging as usual at night, Huo Bei just glanced at it casually, then raised his tail to block between himself and Qi Chu, but did not push him away.

"Do you know why you didn't go straight to bite the brown bear at first?" Huo Bei asked.

"I don't know." Qi Chu honestly shook his head.

"Because it's not just wolves that can pretend to be wolves, brown bears can too." Huo Bei seemed to have thought of something, his voice sank slightly, and he looked down at Qi Chu who was lying beside his paws: "Attacking a brown bear that is pretending to be dead is tantamount to sending it to death."

"Have you seen it?" Qi Chu was a little curious, whether the hunting skills of the wolves were innate, or passed down from generation to generation, or accumulated through experience.

"I've seen it." Huo Bei paused, his eyes fell on the head of the brown bear not far away, and he said calmly: "The wolf trampled to death by the brown bear died a miserable death."

Perhaps Qi Chu noticed that Huo Bei was in a different mood than usual, he subconsciously tilted his head slightly, raised his paw in a very humane way, and tried to pat Huo Bei as a sign of comfort.

But in the end, under the gaze of Huo Bei's long and cold wolf eyes, the paw finally landed on Huo Bei's tail.

Huo Bei: ... Spread your paws...