Chapter 25

The next morning I wake up by a continuous dinging noise coming from my phone. Groggily, I stretch over and grab it, wondering what the hell is going on.

Of course. People are still tweeting me on twitter and my follow count has gone up by hundreds. This video has honestly had the craziest response - it's amazing for Joe, I'm so glad he did it.

He did it because of me.

When I arrive at Uni an hour after this my nerves are set on edge. I'm constantly glancing over my shoulder for that golden hair, however I never see it. Maybe he's not even bothering to come to class anymore. The idea actually sets my mind at ease.

Thankfully I make it through the entire day without any drama, nor do I see Zach anywhere. Media club was fun - to my surprise Sophie didn't know anything about our video, I guessed she hadn't seen it yet. Everyone else in the club doesn't even know what a youtuber is so none of them knew. To be honest I was glad to keep it that way.

My backpack is starting to fill up with textbooks and assignments, and this whole scholar thing is starting to take its toll. But, I'm going to stick it out.

Joe's POV

"Caspar... 100k likes. What the fuck is going on?" I say increduously as I take in the latest figures on my video.

"Man why are you acting so surprised? The video is obviously a hit." Caspar is grinning at me from behind his own laptop.

I don't think I've ever had a video with this kind of response before - already it's gotten 1 million views. Some of that can be accredited to Tyler and Zoe who 'advertised' it on their twitters, but I know inside that this is probably the best video I've done on my channel.

I scroll through more comments on the video and try not to let the horrible comments get to me. People are even saying that Eilas ugly and a bitch - for one they don't even know her, and she is stunning.

I bite my lip and rub my palms together. I hope Eila doesn't take these stupid people to heart... I know my sister gets affected by these comments quite badly but Eila is a strong person.

On tumblr there are hundreds of recently made gifs and edits of "Jeila". It warms my heart to see this, and it almost makes me forget about the pesky hate Eila is receiving.

Almost but not quite.

I sigh and shut my laptop. "People can be so fucking cruel man."

Caspar looks up at me, concerned. "Joe, hate has never bothered you before..."

"Yeah but now that it's to do with her..." I grip my hair in my hands and start pacing.

"She'll be fine - she's so strong willed I'm sure she won't let them get to her. Are you actually going to announce your relationship? Because people are only speculating right now..."

I stop pacing. He makes a good point. I haven't actually denied or confirmed any of the countless claims of Jeila I've been getting, I just figured I would leave it.

"Do you think we should announce it?" I ask, biting my nails.

"Maybe wait a bit longer... How about on her channel when she gets one?" Caspar grins.

"Yeah, if she actually does... Things have just been so crazy." I say.

"Yeah. They have." There's a bit of weight behind that statement and I think back to Saturday. Probably one of the most draining days of my life.

Eila's POV

For some reason when I return to my apartment I feel a wave of exhaustion wash over me. I think I've been studying too hard and staying up too late, I need to just relax a bit more.