Chapter 42

Joe's POV

This can't be happening right now. There is no way in hell that she is pregnant, otherwise my life is going to be totally flipped upside down. Even just thinking about the possibility of a child at our young age is enough to make me dizzy and sick. I haven't been able to sleep at all - while Eila is softly snoring next to me, I have been tossing and turning in these sheets for hours.

I can't believe I forgot to put protection on. How fucking stupid can I be? I mean, to be fair to myself, that entire experience in the shower was so consuming and powerful that I really couldn't think about anything except her body. The way her curves fit perfectly into my hands, and the way our bodies could join into one under the relentless pounding of water.

I screw my eyes shut and bite my lip in a desperate attempt to release some of that crushing worry. Tomorrow, I promise myself, we will get her a morning after pill in the hopes that we can prevent anything from happening. I just hope that she isn't already fertilised - because if so there is nothing I can do, and the thought is terrifying.

~~

When the sun is finally up in the sky, I force my tired body out of the tangled sheets for the day. I can't say my sleep was restful, because my dreams were haunted with the prospect of a little baby. Eila is still asleep in the bed, although she doesn't look peaceful in her sleep - her hair is a tangled mess, and her forehead is slightly shiny from sweat. I wander if her dreams were similar to mine...

After quietly pulling on the same clothes I wore the day before, I stumble out of the hotel room, my vision hazy and coordination off balance from little sleep. After a stop off at the little cafe in the lobby, I now have a steaming coffee in my hand as I step out onto the street.

It's late morning now, however there is still a chilly edge to the air despite the rays of sun shining onto the footpath. To my knowledge there is a little corner store about 5 minutes from here and I set off in that direction. As I walk and sip my coffee, slowly I become more alert and focused. I can still feel my stomach churning as the feeling of worry is still settled deep within me.

I reach the shop and quickly enter, intent on making this transaction as quick as possible. I don't really know the precise name of what I'm looking for, but in the cramped health isle there are a bunch of small boxes which look promising. I read the labels: "Plan B Pills". I definitely needed a plan b right about now. I hastily grab a pack and go to checkout, avoiding the ladies eyes as I pay.

On the walk back to the hotel I read over all the small text printed on the box. It says the pills are best used straight after unprotected sex, with an 80% success rate. Although it isn't a definite save, I'll take that number any day.

I enter the hotel lobby with my eyes still glued to the box, reading over the possible side effects of the pills. "Joe! I didn't see you leave last night buddy!" I hear Caspars friendly voice call from across the lobby, next to the cafe. He is alone, wearing his marmite pants and a plain white tshirt with a gigantic cappuccino in his hands. By the looks of his hair and bloodshot eyes he needs it.

I glance up from the box and hastily tuck it into the pockets of my jeans. I put on a smiling face and walk over to give him a manly handshake. "Yeah we left quite early, Eila was up-" I stop myself from finishing that sentence, knowing that Eila probably doesn't want any of our friends to know about catching Dan and Phil just yet.

Caspar smiles his signature grin, the one which makes his eyes crinkle and wink mischeviously. "It's alright man, just get ready for the real thing tonight! Disclosure is coming bro!" He sounds like a little teenage girl as he squeals. I had forgotten about the artists coming to bestival tonight, and the promise of an even bigger party than the night before. As much as I wanted to go, I wouldn't force Eila into it if she wasn't up for going - if she stays, I will stay also.