Chapter 28

Chap 28

Sophie is fidgeting in her seat all the way to the apartment block. She keeps tapping on my shoulder and asking ridiculous questions about youtubers that even I don't know how to answer.

"Sophie, just be yourself. Don't act like a total fangirl because they won't take you seriously. They're just normal people like you and I." I say for about the tenth time as we arrive at my station.

"Ok." She takes a deep breath. "I'll try to compose myself."

We eventually find ourselves outside Joe and Caspars apartment. Instead of knocking I open the door and walk into the lounge, Sophie trailing behind with a look of shock on her face.

"You... Just walk in?" Sophie says with awe in her voice.

"Yup! These two should just let me move in." I say as I dump my bag on the floor. Joe and Caspar are absorbed in a very competitive fifa game that Caspar is about to win.

"Uh, guys?" I say above the shouts and jeers of the two competitive boys.

"In a minute babe..." Says Joe, his eyes transfixed to the screen, tongue sticking out slightly. He's wearing a very revealing singlet that shows off all his muscles and a black beanie. When he says the word babe as thousand butterflies tumble about in my belly - I can't help it, I break into a cheesey grin and turn around to face Sophie.

She is literally just standing there, jaw hanging open and eyes wide as she takes in Jaspar in their natural surroundings.

I chuckle and turn back to the boys. "Oh my god you guys, turn it off. There is someone here I want you to meet."

They finally shut the console off and introduce themselves to Sophie, friendly smiles on their faces.

"Hi, I'm Joe and this is Caspar." Says Joe, his smile wide. She looks a bit lost for words as she looks back and forth between them, but eventually she replies.

"I know... I watch both of you." She is smiling giddily now.

"Of course, that's why Eila brought you here." Caspar says like it's an obvious fact.

"Welcome to the ladpad!" Says Joe as he grasps my waist and pulls me towards him. "That's what I said to Eila when she first came into this apartment and we..."

"Sssh Joe!" I say, my cheeks burning crimson as he chuckles. Sophie watches the whole exchange with amusement on her face.

"So who's your favourite youtuber? We can give you the hook up." Says Caspar.

Sophie's freckled cheeks flush and she opens her mouth to speak.

"She really likes Dan you guys..." I say, a smirk on my face as she gives me the death stare.

"Oooh, Dan eh? We were talking about getting him and Phil over earlier, how about we do it now?" says Caspar, his eyes fixed intently on his screen as he searches for Dans mobile.

"Really?" Says Sophie, her eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, we'd be glad to introduce you to him." says Joe kindly. I grin at him and give him a peck on the cheek. He squeezes my waist a little tighter.

For the next half and hour we all chill out on the couch, passing a bowl of doritos between us. Eventually the look of awe on Sophies face vanishes as she talks to Joe and Cas - she's cracking heaps of jokes and has us all in fits of laughter.

The chiming of the doorbell interrupts another one of Sophie's jokes, and Caspar jumps up from the couch. "That'll be Dan and Phil...." he says as he walks to the door.