Chapter 39

Today is the last day of my first semester. Today will be the last time I set foot in the magnificent wooden granduer of the commerce lecture room. Although the hall itself is still grand and captivating, I haven't changed my mind about the commerce course - no amount of inappropriate suggestions from 'Ted' will make me change my mind.

Speak of the devil, I hear him call back to me as I hurriedly rush out of the oak doors of the hall for the last time. All the other students around me are shouting amongst eachother, excited about whatever activities they have planned for the month break. I grudgingly turn back, back towards his desk at the back of room which is piled high with final assignments - mine is tucked in there somewhere.

"I guess this is the last time I will be seeing your face in here Eila - I must say I'm going to miss it." He looks down at me, his glasses tipped down his nose and his usually neat hair rather scruffy from last-week stress. I swallow down hard and try to ignore the uneasy feeling that settles in my stomach at his words. Instead of speaking I just nod and stare at the floor - which is my usual response whenever he says something a bit weird. Throughout this week he has been acting odd, complimenting me on past assignments and my involvement in the lecture (even though I looked like a zombie through most of the classes).

It looks like he wants to say more as he moves forward slightly, until we are barely a few inches apart. I can smell his cologne from here and see each shiny button on his dress shirt. I need to escape this situation right now. "Well I'm sorry... Ted... My boyfriend is picking me up outside the front gates like right now. I have to go." Perhaps saying that was too firm, however it does the trick in stopping whatever he was about to do. He steps back reluctantly, a frown settled on his slightly creased middle aged face.

"Well... Goodbye." I say curtly, to which he responds to by nodding and letting out a soft sigh. As quickly as I can I spin on my heels and walk out of the hall. I really do hope that I don't have to come in here again.

When outside on campus I let out a huge sigh of relief - with commerce finally over it feels like I'm a teenager on christmas break. I have no worries or stresses tying me down - except for the music exam I will need to take next semester. However that feels like a distant dream with the entire month ahead of me.

This week has been difficult, I'm not going to lie. The assignments were time consuming and painstakingly difficult - it gave me barely any time for anything else. I took a break from the internet for a while. Joe told me he did also, however I find that hard to believe seeing as it is his job. Nevertheless, the few times I did check my social platforms were okay. The whole shitstorm about Joe and I blew over in a couple of days, and now it seems as though most people accept it. I haven't seen nearly as many hate comments as before.

Joe has helped with the stress immensely - in fact if it weren't for him I think I might have been unable to complete all those bloody assignments. Everything he did this week helped - from the surprise dinners and cheeky 'sessions' in my bedroom, he always knows how to help me relax and wind down.

I am absolutely buzzing for Bestival this weekend - thankfully Joe was organised enough to sort out our accomodation at the festival. I'm not sure but I think he has booked us one of the nicest suites in the Isle of White. Youtubers may not be rich but they are pretty well off considering Joe insisted he pay for all of my costs on the trip.

Media club was called off today because almost everyone was occupied with final examinations or something of the sort. I am dissapointed that I never got to say goodbye to Sophie, but I make a mental note to catch up with her after bestival.

I sigh deeply as I wander out of the front gates for the final time in a little while. Small flurries of early autumn breeze flow around me, and a few orange leaves make an appearance. It's shocking how quickly the summer weather has dissappeared.