Chapter 36 Second Year Senpai

~Flashback~
Tsurugi was in his workshop at the school as he was working on yet another katana. While he was doing so, he heard a couple of footsteps approaching him. Though he was surprised by who appeared before him.

"Bonito flakes."

"Inumaki-senpai? What are you doing here?"

"Salmon Roe."

"I don't understand a word you're saying."

Tsurugi quickly placed the katana he just made into a sheath as he puts out the flame he used to create it. As he turned towards Inumaki, he saw the boy pointing outside as Tsurugi was starting to get what he was saying.

"I get it, so you want me to follow you. Okay, lead the way."

Soon Inumaki lead the way. As Tsurugi walked with him, he remembered that there was one more second year student that wasn't here. Though, he just thought to himself in silence.

"I wish Yuta was here. We could've caught up with each other and hung out more."

"Salmon Roe."

As Inumaki spoke up, Tsurugi stopped thinking to himself as he looked around. He found himself at an archery range as he saw someone else in this area.

"Heh. Thanks for bringing him, Inumaki."

"Zenin-senpai....."

"Don't call me by my last name."

Maki looked at Tsurugi in an analytical manner as Inumaki left the area. As this happened, a smirk appeared on her face as she points to a changing room. However, Tsurugi merely had a confused look on his face.

"There's a uniform in there. When you get changed, how about you launch a few arrows at the target while we chat."

"Why?"

"Can't a senpai learn about their underclassmen."

Seeing as he didn't have a choice, Tsurugi went to the changing room. Though in all honesty, being at an archery range felt pretty nostalgic. After a couple of minutes passed, Tsurugi exits the changing room as he wore a white yukata and a black hakama. While this happened, Maki hands the boy a bow and some arrows.

"Let's have a nice chat, Emiya. So then, we second years heard about you through Okkotsu while he was here but i'd like to hear your side."

"Back in middle school and a little bit of my freshman year in a normal high school, I barely had any friends. The only people I had were Sakura and Yuta. Sakura and I were in the archery club, while Yuta and I met by chance. To be honest....I was happy to have them in my life."