Chapter 63 Shibuya Incident XXII

~In Tsurugi's Mind~
"Huh...where am I? Senpai...where are you?"

Sakura looked around as she looked at the place she was in

Sakura looked around as she looked at the place she was in. It was a wasteland filled with fire and countless katanas as far as the eye could see. When she looked around, she saw a single katana that stood out to her. It was pitch black with a glowing, crimson red, streak that is outlined down in the middle portion of it. As soon as Sakura saw it, she felt herself being drawn to it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!"

Sakura quickly jumped back as she avoided two sword breakers, Zarich and Tawrich

Sakura quickly jumped back as she avoided two sword breakers, Zarich and Tawrich. When she looked forward, she saw a single boy with several markings on his body wearing a red loincloth. But what truly surprised her was that he looked identical to Tsurugi.

"Who are you?"

"Someone very close to you and my vessel. But I wouldn't touch that sword right now if I were you. Especially right now."

As Avenger said this, both him and Sakura saw a vision enter their sight. Tsurugi was standing next to Itadori as they were about to face off against Mahito.

"Senpai!!!"

"Sakura, you remember what happened to you right?"

"......that's right. I was killed by my brother. So then how am I-"

"When he saw your death, Tsurugi's latent cursed energy was released. His wish for you to not die was so intense that his cursed energy cursed you and made you bound to him."

As she heard this, Sakura suddenly felt some ominous cursed energy in this domain. When she looked at the direction of the source, she saw that it was the very blade she was drawn to earlier. Seeing this, Avenger smirked as he decided to explain the situation.

"That sword is a part of you, where your soul resides, Sakura-no-Yoru. If you touch it, your apparition will appear next to Tsurugi and will be able to guide him."

"I'll d-"

"Hold it. This blade was made with something special. Reimei Muramasa as a catalyst. Tsurugi's cursed energy, your cursed energy, and my own. But see...my cursed energy is the dominating force of this sword. As for what happens if you touch it, well......"