Chapter 88 Answers

"This guy is Master Tengen.....he looks like he came out of the Omnitrix or something."

Tsurugi had the same thoughts as the rest of his classmates and Choso. However, the first person to break the moment of silence was Yuki Tsukumo.

"Why did you close off the tombs of the star corridor?"

"I was afraid you might be in alignment with Kenjaku. After all, I can't see into human hearts."

"Who is Kenjaku?"

"The sorcerer who was once Noritoshi Kamo and is now inhabiting the body of Suguru Getou. Around a decade ago, after failing to merge with a star plasma vessel, my aging accelerated and my self-awareness as an individual diminished. The very world became my self."

"Sorry to cut the exposition short, but we're here to know about Kenjaku's plan and opening the Prison Realm. Do you know how?"

Tsurugi decided to just ask the important question now, or else this talk would last forever. As Tengen looked at Tsurugi, he nods his head in agreement as he spoke to the group.

"I wish I could simply say yes, but there is one condition. Yuta Okkotsu, Yuki Tsukumo, and Death Painting Womb. Two of you three must remain here and act as my guards."

"No fair! You didn't even tell us why we have to guard you and for how long!"

"So then, shall I speak of Kenjaku first? His objective is to force the evolution of human beings throughout Japan. The reason he didn't use my barrier to turn everyone in Japan into sorcerers, via Idle Transfiguration, is because he lacks the cursed energy to do so. Cursed energy that has been used through Uzumaki can't return to the user. Triggering an evolution in each individual with a cursed technique is incredibly inefficient. The method of evolution that Kenjaku has chosen is to merge me and humankind."

Everyone's eyes widen from Tengen's explanation. Since Tengen has evolved it's possible for him to merge with someone who isn't a star plasma vessel. However, Choso looked towards Tengen in confusion.

"You're just a single entity, right? How can you merge with multiple people?"

"I am not what you see before you at this moment. My evolved soul exists all around us. As I said, my "self" is the world itself. A human who merges with me transforms into something greater than a sorcerer, as a new being that is there and not there. I posses barrier techniques so I am able to maintain this form and self control even after evolving. However, if human kind evolves, and even if only one person rages out of control, the world would end. There would be no boundaries between individuals so evil would spread instantly. The impurity of a hundred million people would flood the world. What just happened to Tokyo would happen to the whole world."

"Normally one would refuse to merge, but....since you've evolved...what exactly does that make you?"

Everyone looked towards Tsurugi as he asked his question. To be honest, the boy already had two things in mind. The solution on why Tengen can't simply reject the merge and a question he needed to ask him when they're alone.

"It seems as though you already know the answer, descendant of Muramasa. Since i've evolved, i'm more of a cursed spirit than human which means...."

"You can fall victim to cursed spirit manipulation."

A wave of despair hit everyone present. If that were to happen, they were all doomed. However, Tsurugi had a theory he needed to discuss with Tengen that could possibly make this situation a lot worse, but that had to wait for awhile. However, before he could say anything, Fushiguro spoke up.