Chapter 37 Friends and Hopeless Idiots

~Flashback~
"Hey, Yuta!!!!!"

As Yuta was walking through the school halls in his final year in middle school, he looked to the side as he saw his best friend approaching him. The boy was out of breath as he held a bag filled with snacks and a couple of sodas.

"Tsurugi. You didn't make lunch today?"

"I kind of overslept last night. I was busy helping my little sister study. She's going to be attending regular school next year."

"I see."

Soon the two boys were walking up to the roof. As they sat down, they ate their snacks as they talked to each other. Soon Tsurugi looked at Yuta.

"So...which high school you're going to? Maybe we could both go to the same one."

"Actually Tsurugi, I'm..............moving away."

~Flashback ends~

"Yuta, is it really you?"

"I know that it's been a while but yes, it's me Tsurugi."

Tsurugi honestly didn't know how to react. He was in a state of shock. Soon he heard Yuta chuckling as he was still on the phone. Soon his best friend/senpai started to speak up.

"It's been a while since we last talked, huh? I hope Maki and the others have been treating you well."

"They're crazy. One's a girl who'll teach you while violently beating the shit out of you, one is a guy who only speaks in food ingredients, and the last one is a panda. But....I guess they're not so bad."

"That's good to hear. Tsurugi, I just wanted to check up on you. We both have our reasons for being in the world of sorcerery, but remember this. You're not alone in it. When you think of that, it makes dealing with future problems a lot easier."

"Yuta. Thanks. By the way....Sakura was in the hospital after you left. Not only that, I started making cursed blades and such and sold them to jujutsu sorcerers. Afterwards...Gojo found me and now, here I am. Its been so long since we last saw each other Yuta....so much has changed. While a part of me accepts that, another part is terrified."

"I see. That's just proof you're human Tsurugi. Anyways, I have to get going. Tell Sakura, Maki, and the others that I said hello."

"I will, see ya later Yuta."

Soon Tsurugi hung up the phone. As he did, he heard the sound of rushing footsteps. When he looked ahead, he saw Nobara glaring at him, which wasn't anything new to him.

"What is it that you want, Kugisaki?"

"Since we got a small break, Itadori and I decided to do karaoke since I won Rock, Paper, Scissors. While he's dragging Fushiguro, i'm here to drag your ass there with u- WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?!"

"......why the hell would you tell me all this and expect me to stay still?!"

As Tsurugi was running during Nobara's explanation, the girl held some nails in her hand and launched them at the boy. Seeing this, Tsurugi glared at her in annoyance.

"You crazy woman!!!!! Are you trying to kill me and my business?! What if one of those things hit my workshop?!"

"Come with me quietly and you won't need to worry about that!!!"

"DAMN YOU, NOBARA KUGISAKI!!!!!"

~A few minutes later~
"Huh, Emiya! I can't believe you actually decided to show up."