Chapter 40 Prelude of Terror III

"AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"

With a loud roar, Berserker quickly charged towards Ryouma. Seeing this, Oryou got in front of her husband as she used her hair to form a shield as it protected her and Ryouma from Berserker's unrelenting barrage.

"Skin that can fend off a blade. Her hair, long enough to drag along the ground, is actually so hard that it’s the ground that gets scraped away. Oryou-san is the most sturdy between the two of us and physically the most powerful. That's why......."

As Ryouma nods his head towards Oryou, she quickly undid the shield she made as they quickly avoid another strike from Berserker's axe. Soon Ryouma filled the chambers in his revolver with cursed energy and shot them at Berserker. While the first shot barely damaged berserker, the second shot manage to leave a wound. Soon the third through sixth shot caused miniature explosions on his body.

".......i'll provide the range support and draw Berserker's attention! By filling each chamber with different amounts of curse energy, I can make each shot weaker or stronger at any moment."

As Berserker was distracted by Ryouma, Oryou quickly punched Berserker in his back. This resulted in the curse being sent flying towards Ryouma. Seeing this, Ryouma held onto the hilt of his cursed blade as he ran forward. As Ryouma dashed pass the curse, he sheathed his sword as Berserker was split down the middle.

"Oryou-san!!!!"

"Oryou-san's awesome attack debut!!!!"

As Oryou jumped in the air and just above Berserker, she unleashed an unrelenting barrage of punches onto Berserker's body. As this happened, Ryouma fills the chambers of his revolver with cursed energy as he shot bullets of cursed energy at Berserker.

While Berserker's body was being repaired, the married pair damaged it just before it was completely repaired. One thing was certain, they couldn't do this forever, but this gave them at least a little bit of time to think of a plan.

"This is bad. Oryou-san is powerful but in terms of raw power, this curse has her beat. There's still one more option we could try. But knowing how Oryou-san feels about using that option......should I try to find a different route to take in order to kill the curse or should I use Oryou-san like a mere tool? No, she's my wife. I'll find another way to beat this thing."

"Ryouma...Oryou-san said she'd do anything to protect you and Oryou-san's pupils remember. Even if it means Oryou-san loses control. Besides, you can slap me back to my senses."

"Oryou-san......"

Soon Ryouma nods his head. As he stopped shooting at Berserker, Oryou picks up the curse by the back of its head and threw it in the air. While this happened, Oryou began to change back to her real form. While this happened, Ryouma placed both hands on her face.

"Oryou-san.....will you forgive me for this?"

"This was Oryou-san's idea. Plus Oryou-san loves Ryouma so she knows Ryouma wouldn't harm her."

"Thank you.....Oryou-san."

Ryouma looked in the sky and saw Berserker spinning its body as it falls down to add more momentum to its axe swing

Ryouma looked in the sky and saw Berserker spinning its body as it falls down to add more momentum to its axe swing. Seeing this, Ryouma walked to the base of Oryou's neck. As he coats his hand in cursed energy, he touched the scales at the base of her neck as Oryou lets out a loud roar filled with rage as her eyes widen.

"Cursed Technique:Rampage."

~Meanwhile~
Sakura quickly ran out of the backdoor of the Detective Agency as she dodged several daggers that were connected to ropes made from Shinji's right arm. As the boy chased after her, he swung his right arm at Sakura.

Since Sakura couldn't dodge all of them, she felt her body getting slashed by the daggers and was whipped by the ropes attached to them. Soon she grabbed one of the ropes that were connected to Shinji's arm and pulled them towards her, causing Shinji to be drawn to her.

"Grit your teeth, Shinji!!!!"

As Sakura pulled Shinji close to her, she punched the boy in the face with a fist covered in cursed energy. As Shinji was sent flying, he laughed as he swung his right arm around. Sakura's body was being wrapped up by the ropes as Shinji stood on his feet.

"You just don't learn, do you?"

Soon Shinji pulled his arm back as Sakura was dragged to his feet. Shinji then proceeds to stomp on Sakura's gut with no signs of stopping. His smile never leaving his face.

"You are so dumb, Sakura!!!! You think you can beat a real Matou, you damn brat!!!! I was suppose to be the next head, yet you waltz in and take everything from me!!! You don't even deserve to be considered better than me, let alone my family. If not for my orders, you'd be dead by now!!!!"

Soon Shinji kicked Sakura through the wall of the Detective Agency. As she was slowly getting up, a dagger was stabbed into her shoulder as she screamed from the pain.

"There's no hero to save you Sakura. Though I guess I don't need to kill you since you'll die in the end. We need to get the other vessel. If that vessel proves to be more useful, then we'll kill you and make them the complete host for All The World's Evil."

As Sakura looked at Shinji, he saw the look in her eyes. He expected her to be pissed and curse his name. Yet her eyes didn't show any type of emotion like that. Was she really trying to empathize with him?

"Don't pity me you bitch!!!!!!"

Shinji was about to stab Sakura with another dagger. However, before he could, he was suddenly wrapped in chains. As Shinji turned his head, he saw a several golden portals surrounding him as a single figure was walking into the Detective Agency.

"Getou was wise to tell me to follow you. Had I not intervened, you would have killed the second vessel and it would make tracking a new one even more difficult."

"Angelica....."

"Know your place, mongrel."

As Angelica said this, Shinji felt the grip of the chains get tighter

As Angelica said this, Shinji felt the grip of the chains get tighter. When Angelica got in front of Sakura, she slammed the girl's head into the ground, rendering her unconscious. Soon she opened a gate behind her as she dragged Sakura and Shinji with her.

"We don't need Berserker in Shibuya anyways. So retrieving him holds no merit. We've got what we came for. I wonder what you'll do when you find out, Faker."