Chapter 89 About the Culling Game

~ A few minutes later~
Itadori and the group walked back into the chamber to meet up with Tengen and Tsurugi. When they arrived, Tsurugi and Tengen just stood in silence. Soon Fushiguro started the conversation where they left off.

"A cursed technique that can extinguish other cursed technique?"

"Yes, the back of the Prison Realm can be opened with the angel's cursed technique. She's at the colony on the east side of Tokyo. I don't have more information since the culling game's barriers' rejecting me, so let's sort the information from there. There are 10 colonies throughout Japan. They're connected to the boundaries of the colonies to pass over people living in Japan to the other shore. "Pass over the people" sounds exaggerated but it's actually a preparation to turn people in Japan into curses to merge with me."

"How long will it take for the ritual to finish?"

"That depends on the culling game, but most likely in 2 months."

This is when everyone began to recall the rules of the culling game. The first rule states that players who awakened their cursed techniques must declare their participation in the culling game in a colony of their choice within 19 days. Soon Maki and Yuta looked towards each other as they remembered what they learned recently.

"Today is November 9th, 9:00 am."

"The players woke up on October 31st, midnight. So there's around 10 days and 15 hours until Tsumiki has to join the game."

That's not the only problem. There was also rule two which mentions cursed technique removal. Maki learned from Ieri that Idle Transfiguration won't be used to remove a cursed technique and since it's removal and not binding, that meant this wasn't a binding vow. Therefore, it must be some kind of forced effect to the brain. However, in contrast, people without cursed techniques have no risk. Soon Tsurugi voiced his opinion to Tengen.

"By the way, what about the people who were already in the colony from the start?"

"They're given an opportunity to leave the barrier at once. These rules don't include anything about entering or leaving a colony. It gives the players a clear objective "get out of the colony" at the start as a way to start the culling game. To lock the players in, the condition "they entered themselves" is important."

"Okay, but let me ask. Who is the game master?"

"There's a shikigami that will attach to each player called Kogane. To be precise, it's more of a clerk window. It's better to think of the game master as the culling game itself."

Everyone nods their heads in understanding as they discussed about the rule that let's a player add another rule in exchange for one-hundred points. Tengen mentioned that the judgement should be fair considering the players have to be compelled to the general rules anyways, so this is when Kenjaku's bias gain is at an end. However, that one rule bothered Itadori and Fushiguro.

"So we have to kill again?"

"No....I have some ideas regarding that."

"For the time being, we've sorted out the information. We just need to decide our roles."

Soon everyone's attention was toward Maki. She was right, now that they have their information organized, they can devise a plan instead of going in blind. Soon the girl spoke up to the group.

"Yuki-san and Choso will stay and guard Tengen-sama. I'll return to the Zenin clan to collect the cursed tools. Just after Satoru got sealed, the cursed tools in the store room have been cleared out by the Zenin and Kamo clans. But now that Megumi's the head of the Zenin clan, I can take all the cursed tools in the Zenin clan's storeroom. But before that....Tengen-sama?"

"I know. It's about Kumiya Juzo's workshop, right?"

"Thank you. Once finished, i'll find Panda and collaborate on the culling game. Yuta?"

"I'll enter a colony immediately and join the culling game. I'd like to gather whatever piece of information I can get before Tsumiki and Megumi-kun enter the culling game. Tsurugi, do you also intend to do this?"

"To an extent. You know about the rule saying that wielder's with class cards are worth 10 points, right? Since I have the most experience facing them, i'll try hunting them down. To prevent us from crushing each other and something happening to Fushiguro's sister, Yuta and I will avoid nearby colonies. Though we all might not be in touch as electromagnetic waves may not work in the colonies."

"!!!!"

Suddenly Yuta, Tsurugi, and Itadori put a hand on their chins as they were deep in thought. Itadori asked both Yuta and Tsurugi to kill him should Sukuna take over since he's planning on something with Fushiguro. Soon the boy in question spoke up.

"Look. It's more effective combat wise if Okkotsu moves alone. Plus experience wise, Emiya seems to be confident he can handle these so called "Class Card" wielders. If I die, just kill him after."

"THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO PREVENT!!!!!"

"Anyways Senpai, try finding Kinji like we planned."

Tsurugi and Itadori looked at Okkotsu in confusion as Fushiguro said this. Yuta explained that Hakari Kinji is a third year that was suspended. Since they were low on people, finding him was essential.

"Is he strong Yuta?"

"He's a bit moody. Though when he's on a roll, he's stronger than me."

"You must be joking right?"

Soon Tsurugi, Yuta, Fushiguro, Maki, and Itadori were leaving Master Tengen's room. As this happened, Tsurugi had a serious look on his face as he had one thought on his mind.

"Don't worry Sakura....I won't mess up the chance to get you back."

~Meanwhile~
Kenjaku was seen just outside of Hokkaido. As he walked off he was met with a single person standing before him. He had a hood covering his face, but Kenjaku smiled.

"You actual showed up."

"Why have you called me here?"

"To have you participate in the culling game, plus I even got you a gift."

As Kenjaku smiled, he held a single item in front of him. It was the Saber Class Card. The person in front of him was in shock. How did this man get a hold of something his family was working on.

"Give it back!!!!"

"Now hold on. I will give this two you under two conditions. You take part of the culling game and you face off against a boy with auburn hair and golden brown eyes by the name of Tsurugi Emiya."

"Why should I enter a binding vow wit-"

"Angelica is also going to take part in this. Plus would it help to know that Tsurugi Emiya is the son of the person who murdered your father, the son of Kishou Arima."

The figure was quiet for a moment. The moment he heard her name, he felt a moment of relief. However, that relief was soon replaced with rage as he heard the name Arima. As the man took the Saber Class card from Kenjaku, he entered a binding vow with the man. As the figure took off his hood, Kenjaku said one thing.

"Glad to have your cooperation, Zachary Ainsworth."