Chapter 70 Protector

~Flashback~
"Senpai? Is something special happening?

"What makes you ask that Sakura?"

"It's just that, you're smiling more than usual."

As Sakura points this out, Tsurugi puts a hand on the side of his face. He was a bit surprised to find out that Sakura was right. Soon a chuckle escaped from him as he looked towards Sakura.

"I've made plans with a family member of mine. I guess you could say i'm a bit excited."

"I see. It's nice to see you be a little more open. Anyways, i'm going to get another check up today."

"Oh, i'll walk you th-"

"It's alright. I'm a tough girl. I can walk myself back to the hospital. Today is special for you, right? I don't want to make you late. Have fun, Senpai."

After saying that, Sakura ran out of the classroom. While this happened, Tsurugi chuckled as he thought to himself. He wondered how a girl like Sakura could stay by someone like him. To be honest, he was glad he met her.

"That girl is too precious."

Soon Tsurugi was walking home. As he did, he looked at several stores along the way back. He planned on showing Miyu some spots that he figured she would like. As this happened, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, i'm sorry."

"No, no. It was my fault. You have nothing to apologize for, young man."

Soon Tsurugi ran off as he was heading home

Soon Tsurugi ran off as he was heading home. He didn't know why, but he felt like getting away from that man was a safe option. As this happened, the man walked off with a smile on his face.

"The scent that he gave off. He was definitely in close proximity to that curse."

~With Tsurugi~
"I'm home."

"Onii-chan!"

As Tsurugi walked into his home, he saw Miyu standing before him with a smile on her face. Not only that, Tsurugi noticed that Miyu was fidgeting a bit.

"I know you're excited to go. Let me change out of my uniform and we'll go."

"Okay! Thank you so much."

As Tsurugi said this, he went straight to his room. While he was changing out of his uniform, he began to think about when Miyu first came home with him and Kiritsugu.

"I'll admit, at first, I tried to do as Kiritsugu said. I tried to not grow attached to Miyu and see her as a tool. However, I just couldn't agree with that. I can't see her as anything else, but my sister. Whether that's the right choice or not, I don't know."

Soon Tsurugi put on his jacket as he was about to leave his room. Before he went out the door, he looked to the side and saw a picture of him and Miyu. Soon a smile appeared on his face as he walked out the door.