Ch-120:Military Base

Lu Xi looked at them quietly and silently, waiting for them to speak and Captain Su and other soldiers were also looking at her to see her reaction. When Captain Su saw that Lu Xi didn't said anything, didn't agree or disagree immediately, he understood that he has to tell her honestly in detail and show his sincerity.

He breathed a sigh and looked at Lu Xi and then opened his mouth without any further hesitation and told her "Mr. Lu, actually its not that we can not say this to you, before it was a very confidential thing but now in this man eating world....." a helpless sigh left his lips and then he continued "there is a military base not far from here, a little more than 5km away. But now there is no one except zombies and materials. It was a secret base but after the apocalypse started, many people became zombies there and then many people died in order to save others. Then military ordered to abandon that military base and then the base shifted to another place which is known as Base D now.

There was some complex emotions in his eyes which he couldn't hide even if he tried to. Lu Xi noticed it but chose to remain silent. She saw them in this short journey with them and found them a good soldiers and people. They protected and saved people even with their own lives at risk and tried their best to help other ordinary people reach Base D, but it doesn't mean that she will put her life in their hands and allow others to manipulate her, she is not a soldier nor a idiot to help others unconditionally when her own life is uncertain.

She believes in herself and her powers that no one can easily harm her but only she knows not others. But if others still ask her to risk her life for others then its not good and it wont work.

Captain Su took care of his emotions and then continued "That base is very big where military also used to manufactured its weapons, guns, bullets arms. Military took away almost all the news and information and others data and also almost half of the weapons but there is still half left and what we want to collect now are those weapons."

He continued "Right now we only have 2 trucks free except for Gu Qiang who is a space power user. So we want your help in collecting those remaining things in your space. Right now we don't know the exact situation so we need to go there and even if we cant get those things now, we need to get some news from there so that we can inform our superiors."

Lu Xi listened to him without interrupting him but she knows in her heart what to do. But she didn't immediately said anything and asked him "You also knows that that military base is not safe now and there are many zombies in there now so how much are you sure to kill them and get those things out from there and...." she lengthened her voice a little and looked at him deeply "how do you want me to help you and what will i get in return?"

After hearing her more and more , Captain Su and others became quiet for a while. They looked at each other and captain Su said "We are soldiers and its our duty to protect ordinary citizens, we know its end of the world but we cant forget our responsibilities. What we want from you is that you just try you best to fight those zombies and get those materials in your space and if there is a danger for you life, we will try our best to help you get away. You can get 10% materials from that and we will also recommend you in front of our superior to get you a military rank, it will be beneficial for your future life and safety, what do you think?"

Lu Xi looked at him, there was no expression on her face. What 10% remuneration, what military rank identity, who knows maybe in the end she will become other's tool person to follow their order, won't it will become a bad and thankless job then. But what they don't know and others don't know that before apocalypse started, Lu Xi got a lot of weapons, guns and arms accidentally and now she actually don't need their 10% remuneration. But on the base of their sincerity, she wants to help them but not free of cost.