Chapter 24

EDITED: JULY 2, 2020
.
.
.
.
.

-Mizuki-

I look down at the earth scroll that is on my hand with a proud smile. Feeling a little guilty to suddenly attack the defenseless girl, but I don't really have a choice....sooner or later they would have found out that I'm not some lost kid and actually will attack me.

Continuing my walk to the direction where I flew from, A sudden hand pulls me inside a bush. Attempting to scream, only for a hand to firmly cover my mouth, My eyes widens as I look at the person who caught me.

"Shh! You almost ran up to Gaara and his team!" Shikamaru whispers while looking through the bush that I was pulled in, alertedly.

I look at his team and see Choji and Ino-san on each side while looking through the bush.

"You shouldn't just wander around Mizuki"He scolds quietly while pinching my nose....Hard. I let out a whimper in pain of his actions but stayed quiet as I position myself properly and looked through the bush.

Shikamaru still have his hand on my mouth just incase I make a sound that can probably lead us to our doom.

Through the bush, I see Gaara and his team facing an opponent. I'm not really sure what village they are from but they have this weird umbrellas with needles in it.

I watch as Kankuro and the girl backs up a little while letting Gaara do the work with a bored faces. Seeing the opponents attack Gaara with the umbrella needles and how they failed miserably as the needles got block by the shield made of sand from the gourd that's attached on his back.

I looked closer on the head protectors of the team with the umbrella, almost falling out of the bush. Luckily, Shikamaru caught me  before I fall and saw that they are from the Rain Village.

I watch as the leader of the rain ninjas was about to run and take back the umbrella that Gaara is now holding.

"Sand Coffin...." Gaara says as sands from his gourd suddenly pours out and wraps itself around the ankle of the leader to his whole body.

I can feel Shikamaru trying to pull me away from the scene, but I resisted and continued to watch. I watch in anticipation as the leader suddenly rises up in the air with the sand.

Gaara raising his right arm the clutches his hand.

"Desert.... Funeral" He says, at that moment I suddenly heard bones being crushed and grinded, blood splatter in the air and falls on the ground as if it's raining in blood.

My eyes widens in fear as I feel myself gag a little when a couple droplets of blood landed just infront of me.

Shikamaru suddenly pulls me out of the scene and goes to his team with a terrified look as well. He looks at Choji and Ino-san with the same look then turns to me.

"What were you thinking?! Wandering aimlessly in this forest! That could've been you if we didn't see you!" He scolds while pulling my cheek.

"O-oow! Shikamawuuuu!" I whimper while trying to remove his hamd on my cheek, feeling tears pricking on my eyes. Hearing him sigh in frustration, he looks at me with a small glare before letting go.

"You better find your team or something bad will happen to you on the way" Ino-san suggested.

"H-hai..." I said before running towards the direction where I got blasted away from Onii-chan, hearing the yells of Shikamaru and Choji but I ignored it.

Running into twigs and almost tripping multiple times..

-3rd Person-

A loud crash caught Mizuki's attention making her go towards the area where it happened. She does not if it was her team or not but she needs to take the risk to know.