Chapter 51

Written: August 31, 2020

Take note that this is still their first day of hiking.

-3rd Person-

"STUPID KAKASHI!!!!" Naruto roars out while picking up the fallen heating pads from the snow covered ground.

"How can he not notice these falling off?! Mizuki  get cold!!!" He continues while picking up the the third heating pad off the ground as the four kids finally nears the resting area.

"It probably fell when he was running or something" Sasuke said while picking up a random pad and observing it. Noticing that it's still a little warm, meaning that they just went here a few minutes ago.

"But still, My sister is freaking weak to the cold and that's her only source of warmth other than the gloves, clothes and scarf" Naruto rants with a stressful sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"We'll be arriving in a couple more minutes okay? I'm sure Mizuki is warmed up near a cozy bonfire right now" Kogaine says while scribbling down in his booklet.

"Yeah, Sensei won't be THAT irresponsible now would he?" Sakura points out while playing with her gloves and the sleeves of her thick sweater.

"Actually, he's irresponsible" Sasuke corrected while picking up another heating pad....

"OI, how many of these pads did you even put in your sister's scarf?" He ask with a very annoyed tone while.... Picking up YET ANOTHER PAD.

"..... Ten" Naruto trails while avoiding Sasuke's annoyed gaze. Resulting the Uchiha to back slap the boy with the heating pad.

"Let's not get violent, I know you guys are tired but let's not fig-----"

.
.
.
.

"O-ONIII-CHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!" A scream erupts in a nearby cave causing the group to stop momentarily, giving Naruto a very confused look.

"W-WAIT! MIZUKI, IT'S TOO COLD!!!" Another voice screams out, before a flash of red comes out of the cave and with a panicking Kakashi.

"I-I  WANT MY BROTHER!!" Mizuki screams while crying as Kakashi attempts to drag Mizuki back in the cave where a bonfire is set up. The sick red head struggling out of his grip, tears falling down her puffy cheeks.

The older brother immediately noticed it right away and rushed towards the nearby cave, seeing Mizuki crying and struggling with Kakashi trying to stop her from going out in the cold.

"Heeey! I'm here, don't cry! I'm heereeee!!" Naruto says with a shushing tone while giving Kakashi a look before he enters the cave. Giving his sick little sister a tight hug, hearing her small cries in his chest along with her trembles.

This is what usually happens when Mizuki is sick. You can't really leave her alone for a long time or she'll start crying and try to find Naruto. When they used to be much younger back in Konoha, Naruto would always stay in their home for the whole day when Mizuki is sick and at night time, he would take the chance to sneak out to buy food for the two of them for the following day.

There were times that she would wake up in the middle of the night where she finds out that Naruto is not around and would start bursting into tears while walking around the village trying to find him. She can be VERY emotional when she's sick, and it can be dangerous for not only her but also for Naruto since he would go home with Mizuki gone and call Shikamaru for help.

Naruto isn't the only person that she finds when she's sick, but also Shikamaru since the boy would often visit her as well when she got the colds. There were times where Shikamaru ends up sleeping over in the Uzumaki household since Mizuki would literally cling on him for the whole day, Not like it's a problem for him, that it. He actually enjoyed taking care of the girl while her brother runs some house errands.