Chapter 68

Written: November 7, 2020

If there are lots errors, that's because I cut my Nails :')

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶

-3rd Person-

"Woah woah, slow down Mizuki... We don't have to rush"  Kakashi calls out in worry as he watch his little girl almost trip and roll down on the mountain path.

"N-no, I just really want to go h-home...." Mizuki trails with a nervous smile, trying to keep a strong facade or she'll break down.

"How long will it take to get us down the mountain?" Naruto asks as he jogs towards Mizuki, trying to help her up after she bumps into a tree.

"If we don't take any breaks and go through the short cut....then most likely, we'll be down by later evening, as in very late evening. Probably at...hmm, 2am?" Kakashi hums himself while looking up at the early afternoon sky.

"So you're telling me... That we could've reached the top of this mountain in two days if Kogaine didn't lead us to the longest route?!" Naruto exclaims out in annoyance as Mizuki tries to pull him to continue walking.

"What's the hurry, Mizuki?" Sasuke asks as he continues to walk beside Kakashi, while a very silent Sakura follows just behind him. This made the red head jump a little for the second time that she's asked about why she was in a hurry.

"I-I miss Grandpa, Shikamaru, Kiba and C-choji... I want to see them again, it's been almost 2 w-weeks since I last saw them" She replies with a smile before turning her back to him and continued to pull her brother further down on the path.

This made Kakashi and Sasuke look at each other and then to Mizuki, the two giving her a co fused and questioning look as they watch her walk further and further.

"There's something wrong"

"Agreed" Sasuke replies with a nod as he looks at her worriedly, wondering why she's suddenly acting so timid and tensed...well, she is timid and tensed since the beginning but this one is a bit more off. You could feel the fear radiating out of her but he decided to keep quiet and continue observing for a bit before confronting her.

Kakashi quietly continues to walk, glancing back to make sure that Sakura isn't falling behind. Sure, he was and is still very disappointed after hearing Mizuki's outburst at her earlier...it was wrong but he just couldn't abandon her as well since she's been in his team for quite a while. Not sure on what will happen to her when they arrive tk Konoha though and it worried him as her mentor as well.

"Sasuke, go ahead and make sure those two won't get lost" Kakashi tells the Uchiha while giving him a push on the back to make him to faster, wanting to have a private talk with Sakura.

"Sure" Sasuke simply replies with a shrug before quickly jogging towards the Siblings with ease, calling out their names to get their attention.

With Sasuke leaving both Kakashi and Sakura, the two were silent, with the birds and wind being the only thing that can be heard.

"... I really didn't mean to..." Sakura whimpers as she continues to silently trail just behind him.

"It did disappoint me greatly... Why would you do that?" Kakashi calmly asks as he looks up on the sky as a bird passes over his head, trying not sound aggressive.

"I...thought that maybe... I can be the only girl in the group if I left her there...but I guess it's a stupid reason..." She replies as tears starts to pick out of her eyes once again. This made Kakashi frown under his mask, suddenly feeling guilty.