Chapter 52

WRITTEN: SEPTEMBER 5, 2020

ENJOY!!!!

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶

-3rd Person -

It's like the calm before the storm.

For the entire night, it seemed to quiet for everyone. It's like mother nature has finally listened to cooperated with them.

With Naruto waking up once in a while to make sure that Mizuki is asleep just beside him and warm beside the campfire.

He noticed that Kogaine was still writing on his booklet just by his sleeping bag, the sound of the graphite pencil scratching made him feel a little uncomfortable. He quietly listens as he replaces Mizuki's forehead towel by pouring water on it and squeezing it. Not really in the mood to talk to Kogaine.

It was a very very weird night for him, he doesn't know if Sasuke or even Kakashi noticed it. It was way too quiet. The silence was defeating to the point that he had to take a small breather outside the cave, letting the crispy cold air hit him and somewhat refreshed him.

He looked at where the two males were and noticed them sleeping peacefully.

There was something there, a really uncomfortable feeling that tells you that something bad is about to happen, but you don't know. You know? That antsy feeling that you just desperately want it gone.

He's been feeling tensed for the whole  week with Kogaine, like he's just so positive and cheerful to the point that feels so eerie to even be alone with him. He's nice, but it's like he's hiding something.

He hates this gut feeling.

The next morning quickly came by with Kakashi waking them up one by one, saying that they have a long day ahead of them and they need to atleast hike up more than half of the mountain today.

They were already at the half of it in a day, meaning that it'll take them another full day for them to reach the top and the village. But with Mizuki's condition, Kakashi doubts that they'll reach there within a day at least. Maybe a day and half?

"Can you walk by yourself? Will you be able to handle it?" Naruto asks his little sister while fastening and tying the straps of her back pack infront of her so it wouldn't fall off. Her bag had minimum weight right now with Naruto repacking it last night so that she won't have any trouble with walking around for the rest of the day.

"A-are you sure that you can carry all our things? I-I can take some of that..." Mizuki trails with a small frown while looking at her brother's packed and stacked bag.

Sasuke seemed to have heard her trouble and quickly walked towards the two with a bored look, giving the girl a worried look, noticing how pale she is right now.

" I'll take some of his stuff if that makes you feel better, you don't need to strain yourself" He reassures her, patting her right shoulder slightly before giving Naruto a look then went to get fome of the things from the blonde's bag and place it inside his.

A few meters away from the three was a certain pink haired girl, giving Mizuki a heated look. Not liking the fact that she didn't warn the team that she's weak in the cold.... And now Mizuki is being a huge burden in the team.

Stuffing her things inside her bag, almost in an angry manner while glaring at the back of Mizuki's head.

Mizuki couldn't help but feel a chill run down her spine as she looks everywhere to see if there's something dangerous nearby. Maybe a wolf? Bear?

Kogaine quietly packs his things just beside Sakura, wearing this.... unreadable expression. His booklet and pencil just beside him as he neatly folds and packs away his extra scarf.

" You guys make sure to wear an extra layer of clothing today since we'll be going higher up in the mountains. It'll be a lot more colder" Kakashi announces while standing up from the cold ground. Watching as the team including Kogaine follow him out of the cave, leaving a burnt out campfire.

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶

"So there will be another resting spot that a bit more further away than usual, it'll take us at least eight hours of walking to get there. And on the way there, there will some sort of a cliff but we'll take the safer route, but it'll take a bit longer to get there but atleast no one will be hurt" Kogaine says while taking a bite on the bread that he bought, walking beside Kakashi.

"So it'll take us more than seven hours to reach the resting area? Isn't that a bit too much?" Kakashi worriedly says with a hum, looking back at Mizuki who was laughing from Naruto's jokes.

"And we have a sick person, and it'll be a few negative degrees once we start going up again right? I'm sure it'll slow us down" He comments while scratching the top of his head, not really liking the idea of letting Mizuki walk for eight hours straight.

"Well there's nothing else that we can do as of now, the slower we go the further it'll get. So we better hurry up at least so we can get there earlier that usual" Kogaine finishes while taking another bite from the melon bread.

"I'm just going to warn you all that this part of the mountains is beside the ocean. So it'll be very dangerous" He simy says to the rest of the team before continuing to eat, unbothered by his own announcement.

"O-O-Ocean!?" Mizuki panics with wide eyes while looking up at Naruto with a scared look.

Did you know? Mizuki is terrified at oceans.

Just the thought of the endless depth of the ocean, lies a huge mystery for human kind. Not even half of the ocean is discovered and so many thing have already been found there. The thought of being in the ocean was terrifying, especially back in the boat ride two days ago was a terrifying experience for the girl. It was good thing that Naruto and the team was there to distract her from the fact that she's at her worst nightmare.

Imagine just falling into the ocean, where the mystery lies...? Being engulfed by the cold salty but heavy liquid, sinking into the never ending depth.

"Don't worry, we're going to the route remember? You don't have to think like that okay?" Naruto reassures her with a loving smile, giving her head a soft pat.

Mizuki have a cooling pad that's infused with mint on her forehead making it better for her to focus and feel better at the same time.

" B-but.... I'm scared... " She whispers worriedly while gripping the strap of her bag very tightly, her knuckles turning white from the lack of blood circulation.

"Don't be okay? I promise that if there's something that's going to happen, then I'll be there to help you" Naruto reassures again. Internally frowning.

Something is really off....

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶¶×

OOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN!?

FOR OLD READERS! I KNOW YOU KNOW! BUT LETS NOT SPOIL THE FUN! :D

HERE'S A VERY SHORT CHAPTER FOR NOW!

Just.... Warming you up a little ;)

ANYWAYSSS!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPPY!

IF YOU DID!

THEN DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS!!

BYE POTATOES!!

STAY FAB!!!