Chapter 26

EDITED: JULY 3, 2020
.
.
.
How are the recent chapters? :) would love to hear some feedbacks.

.
.

-Naruto-

After being woken up by Sakura, I sit up from the ground as I shake my head a bit. A sudden jolt of pain throbs in my head while rubbing eyes to fully awaken myself.

"O-onii-chan..." I hear my sister called out softly, making me stop rubbing my eyes and look at her.

Eh?

"OI! Why does my sister have a large bandaid on her cheek?!" I asked in horror as I see her sitting beside Sakura, who is currently tying my sister's hair in a ponytail.

"Naruto, don't scream out so loudly! We'll attract more enemies!" Sakura says while throwing a damped towel on my face then continued to fix Mizuki's hair.

"While the two of us were asleep, a team of sound ninjas--to be more specific...the team that Mizuki bumped into earlier in the first part of the exam attacked us and Sakura and Mizuki had to defend and fight back" Sasuke says as he stares right at me with a scowl.

My eyes widens a bit more then looked at Mizuki then her cheeks, crawling quickly towards her. I sat in front of her as she looks up at me with her blue eyes then smiled while holding my hand gently.

"I-I'm okay, Onii-chan...it's just a cut" She smiles then hugs me tightly, feeling her flinch a little as she place her head on my shoulder slowly.

My gaze softens a bit as I hug her back, giving a gentle squeeze while rubbing her back in circles like I would always do.

I know she's hurting, and the fact that she's hiding it well from me makes me a little sad. Knowing she doesn't want people to worry about her is very painful to watch....There are times that I just want to lecture her about it but I have the feeling that she'll just cry about it and feel guilty for an entire week.

My gaze lands at Sakura, who just looks at us with a small smile and gave me a thumbs up, before standing up from the ground and excused herself quietly.

"I'm going set up more traps, just incase there will be attackers later evening" She says before leaving our little covered place.

"Hn, I'll go catch dinner for us" Sasuke says then leaves, but as he leaves ha gave me a roll in the eyes and left.

What the hell is wrong with the duck ass?
.
.
.
.
.

"O-onii-chan, are you okay? Does your back hurts? Y-your head?" Mizuki asks as she pulls away from our hug and looks at me while shaking.....like she's in the verge of crying while her tears are starting to form and ready to come out of her eyes.

"Mizuki? Are you okay?" I asked worridly as I observe her expression, her nose and cheeks are starting to turn red little by little as I see the first drop of her tear running down her uninjured side of the cheeks.

"I-I....don't k-know" She says, her voice cracking a bit as more tears starts to fall. Worry starts to swell up in my chest as I continue to watch her sadly with a frown...

Pulling her back in a loving hug again as I hear her sob and sniffle on my jacket, she hugs me back tightly to the point that she will not let go.

Is she okay? Did something else happened while I was unconscious? Or when we got seperates?

I rub my hand on her back gently with some patting as well, still thinking why she just suddenly broke down the moment Sakura and Sasuke  left.

Maybe joining this year's Chuunin exams is a mistake, maybe we're a bit too youn--No... Mizuki is WAAY too young to experience all of this, her mental capability can't handle all this stress what so ever.