Special/OVA #4

Written: November 23, 2020

this is the story of how Mizuki met Shikamaru and the gang!!

Word Count: 4.5k

¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶×¶

-3rd Person-

Currently winter right now in Konoha. With everyone in the academy having their break time, which means most young students are playing outside in the snow.

"O-onii-chan! W-why don't you join the o-others outside?" A young five years old Mizuki asks curiously while looking up at her brother in curiosity, her bright blue eyes glimmering.

"I can't just leave you, ya'know! You're sick right now and you'll be lonely as well!" Seven years old Naruto explains with a whine, hugging her sister tightly, which made her gigle at his gesture.

"B-but you said you wanted to make friends this year! D-don't let me stop you!" She exclaims with a huff, lightly glaring at hed brother, who just giggled in response before slowly standing up.

"You know that no one wants to be near us, right? They're calling us really really bad names" Naruto says with a pout while stretching his short limbs to wake him up a little.

The room is almost empty, with a young  Shino being the only person  other than the siblings, it was rather silent and calm. With Iruka currently having his lunch break from the chaotic batch that he is handling.

"Why don't I go and get us some food! I'll get you sushi if you want!" Naruto cheers out, rolling his ankles as he watch his little sister's face brighten at the sound of sushi being mentioned.

Mizuki tried sushi for the first time maybe a few days ago, and now she can't stop thinking about the roll of rice and shrimp! She would do anything for sushi!

But as moments passes by, Mizuki's smiling and excited expression, slowly turns into a frown as she realized something very depressing.

"O-onii-chan... We don't have enough money to buy a r-roll..." She suddenly says with a frown, looking down a little in shame since it was her who made her brother think that she wants sushi very badly.

"Of course we do!"

"B-but....my medicine is not c-cheap as well, y-you know that I always get sick every w-winter...." She trails sadly, looking up at her brother with pleading eyes to not get her a roll of sushi since they don't really have the budget to buy the things that they want.

Hiruzen wanted to teach both Mizuki and Naruto to always save up money and to spend things wisely since he knows that they'll probably just abuse it if they knew that once they run out of money, Hiruzen will replace it immediately. It's good self-discipline.

So in order for them to learn, he decided to give them a small amount of allowance every month, enough to cover all their monthly expenses from food to medicine and more. But not enough for them to decide and spend their extra money on things that they don't need.

"W-we still have a week L-left until we get our next allowance, Onii-chan. M-maybe when we get that, then W-we can eat Ichiraku!" Mizuki says with a chirp, trying to lift up her spirit, along with Naruto's.

"Then we just have to be patient right?!" He says with a giggle, earning a happy nod for the five year old girl.

"Then, I'll go buy bread for both of us! It's really cheap and it can fill us up quickly, so stay here okay? Wait for me, don't go anywhere" Naruto says in a worried and a warning tone as he pass by his little sister. Mizuki couldn't help but frown a little at the thought of her Onii-chan leaving her.