Chapter 48

EDITED: August 21, 2020

Enjoy!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

-3rd Person -

Almost in the middle of the morning with the group continuing to hike up the mountains, not even a quarter of their destination or goal.

The group of six carefully continue to walk up on the rough and Rocky pavement in a line formation so that it won't get cramp in one spot.

With Kakashi leading them with the rope that is wrapped and tied around his waist along with the genins, and Kogaine being the voice and eyes of the group since he is most familiar with the route of the mountains.

The higher they hike up, the colder it got. Not like the team has a problem with it but Naruto couldn't help but have the urge to stuff Mizuki's clothes with heating pads.

"S-Stop with the hitting pads, Onii-chan! I-I'm okay!" Mizuki whines while trying to swat her brother's hand away from the back of collar, earning a childish whine from Naruto as well.

"But you'll get cold!! I don't want getting more sick!"

"Oi, let your sister finish up her current ones first, you idiot. You're wasting heating pads for no reason"  Sakura grumbles while pushing Naruto forward since he's not moving from his spot.

"Naruto, continue to walk please? As much as I don't wanna hike anymore, I wouldn't want Mizuki-Chan to get any more sick" Kogaine calls out while looking back at the three.

"Do you feel cold?" Sasuke asks the red haired girl behind him.

"Y-yeah, but I can handle!" Mizuki exclaims with a smile before tugging the rope behind her, making her brother to start walking again so that Kakashi can start leading again.

"I don't really like this.... Rope idea"  Sasuke says to Kogaine, who was sketching on his booklet.

"Same here, but we don't want anyone getting lost while hiking, now do we?" Kogaine hums while taking his eyes out of the booklet then to Sasuke.

Not really sure, but Sasuke saw a flash of small pattern and glint in Kogaine's eyes for a mere second. Thinking that it's just the cold playing with his eyes or not, he simply shrugs it but keeping it in mind.

"Yeah, you're right" He says before going silent and continue to walk, a clay in hand to keep himself busy while the group continues to walk.

"A few hours away from us is the first stop for the day, can take us maybe three hours to go up there. We'll most likely reach there by twelve in the afternoon" Kogaine announces while poking Kakashi's back to tell him.

"Alright, we still have a few more hours! Let's hurry up so we can quickly rest up and continue our way!" Kakashi exclaims in a cheer.

"Can we hurry it up a bit? Mizuki is starting to get tired!" Naruto exclaims worriedly seeing his Sister's sluggish movements, debating if he should carry her instead so she can rest up a little to save up energy for more walking later.

"Mizuki, can you hold out for a little longer? There isn't really any available resting area here other than the one we're going to" Kogaine says while scratching the back of his neck.

"Y-yeah , I can continue. Onii-chan, stop w-worrying okay? I can handle this" Mizuki says, reassuring her worried brother with a pat on his head.

With that, the group quickens up their  pace. The sun slowly rising up in the horizon and the sky brightening up as the morning starts to age into a fine afternoon.