12. Twoset Snowboarders II

"Okay, how are we going to do this?  Kate and James, I think you guys would prefer to ride with someone closer to your own height this time?  It makes it much easier that way."

"Yeah, definitely Brett mate."

"Okay James, how about you ride with Eddy and Kate you ride with me?"

James raised an eyebrow.  He looked like he was trying to hide his emotions but Eddy didn't miss the flash of anger and got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

I think James is a jealous type..

Luckily Brett caught onto James' expression too and turned to the other 2 girls.

"Or perhaps one of you ladies wouldn't mind riding with me? And the other could ride with Kate?"

The 2 girls looked at each other and giggled.  After quickly whispering into each other's ears and giggling some more, the taller one of the two spoke up shyly.

"Well since I'm taller I suppose I should pair up with you Brett?  Emma is closer to Kate's height so she can go with her."

"Sounds like a plan.  Alright, let's all go."

"Aaah, man this is so much better, mate, I'm going to have to make sure I always pair up with some tall dude when I ride these stupid things."

James looked like he was in a much better mood as the T bar successfully pulled him and Eddy up the slope.

"Yeah, I saw the bar digging into Brett's lower back when I rode that thing with him before, it must have been even trickier with the height difference between you and Kate."

"No shit, mate, look, she pushed the damn thing all the way down here like this..!"

Eddy wasn't prepared for James as the bar got pushed down and slid below Eddy's hip.

"Oh fuc..."

Eddy didn't even get to complete his expletive as he lost his balance and toppled backwards, he instinctively grabbed onto James' jacket and took him down with the fall.  They landed in the snow side by side with the wind slightly knocked out of them but they weren't hurt in any way.

"...Oh f*ck. I'm sorry Eddy, man, I shouldn't have moved that bloody T bar, are  you okay?"

"It's okay James, I'm sorry I took you down with me.  I'm just glad we're both okay... hey, what..??"

OH F*CK, NO

The T bar they had fallen onto had managed to snake its way in between their boot and snowboard and hooked both boys, slowly dragging them up the hill.

"Oh sh*t!!"

"Holly cr*p, Eddy. What do we do now ??"

"Oh geez, um.. look James, I think we'll just have to stay like this and get the liftie up there to untangle us when we get to the top ? Just try to chill, man"

Eddy tried to stay calm.  For a second he thought he could just relax with one leg up in the air as the lift dragged them up the hill.  They would look pretty stupid and it would be kinda embarrassing if any passing skiers or boarders saw them but what the heck he was wearing snow clothes so it wasn't like he was in any discomfort as the side of his body was dragged along on the snow.

Or so he thought.

What he quickly learnt was that as the T bar increased its pull, Eddy's elevated leg was pulled up higher and higher.

"Oh f*ck! Owwwwwwwww"

James was obviously less flexible than Eddy.  Eddy wasn't particularly flexible either, not by a long shot but he was in too much shock to react like James.  Besides, just when he thought things couldn't get any worse, he felt his body drifting sideways.